Trevor White (actor)
||This biographical article needs additional citations for verification. (March 2013)|
|Born||Trevor Alan White
26 October 1970
Vancouver, British Columbia, Canada
Trevor Alan White (born October 26, 1970) is a Canadian actor who has worked in theatre, film, television and radio since 1994, based in London, England since 2001.
Early and personal life
White was born in 1970 in Vancouver, British Columbia, to Alan and Lamorna White. In 1992, White graduated with a B.A. in Economics from Queen's University in Kingston, Ontario, but soon after changed career paths, and has been acting professionally since 1994.
White is married to British-Japanese actress Eleanor Matsuura. White is fluent in French and Spanish, and performs both in his native Canadian, as well as an English accent.
White landed his first part in the Kate Jackson film A Kidnapping in the Family, and guest-starring roles in The Sentinel, Madison, The Outer Limits, Viper, Beggars & Choosers, Strange Frequency and Da Vinci's Inquest, among many others, soon followed. From 1997-1999, White became a series regular on Millennium, starring as FBI computer specialist Doug Scaife. He appeared throughout Season 3, becoming especially prominent during the final few episodes as Frank Black's most trusted confidante.
In 1997, White was nominated for two Jessie Richardson Theatre Awards in Vancouver for his acclaimed performance as Hal in the Way Off Broadway production of Steven Berkoff's Kvetch. He has also twice performed for Bard on the Beach, Western Canada's hugely successful Shakespeare festival, appearing in the title role in Pericles in 2003.
In 2001, just prior to emigrating to London, White starred as the evil Bret in the cult film Hellraiser: Hellseeker, and has since appeared in his first Bond film, Die Another Day, as well as the Val Kilmer & Christian Slater film, Mindhunters. He has also voiced the character of Major Rusty Gubbins in the animated feature Agent Crush, alongside Neve Campbell, Ioan Gruffudd, Brian Cox and Roger Moore (2008).
White is the Artistic Director and co-founder of the Suspect Package Theatre Company, formed in London in 2003. Their debut production was of George F. Walker's Problem Child at the New End Theatre, follow-up in 2006 by Daniel MacIvor's House, at the Finborough Theatre.
Since living in London, White has starred in the first Robert Lepage play to be staged in the United Kingdom without Lepage's direct involvement, Polygraph, at the Nottingham Playhouse (2001–02). White spoke the last ever words on the RST Main Stage while playing Tullus Aufidius in the Royal Shakespeare Company's production of Coriolanus (2007). He has also appeared in numerous films and television shows, including The Line of Beauty, The Path to 9/11, Kenneth Tynan: In Praise of Hardcore, Judge John Deed and Saddam's Tribe.
He made his Royal Court debut in 2009 as Marty in Wallace Shawn's Aunt Dan and Lemon, and was part of the original cast of Lucy Prebble's multiple award-winning Enron, directed by Rupert Goold, which also played at the Royal Court before transferring to the Noël Coward Theatre in the West End in 2010.
- Thomas & Friends (2016— ) Eric (US voice)
- The Dark Knight Rises (2012) Yuppie
- Downton Abbey (2011) Major Gordon
- Godforsaken (2009) Paul Matheson
- Hotel (2009) Roger Barron
- Moonshot (2009) (TV) Alan Shepard
- Echelon Conspiracy (a.k.a. The Conspiracy, Singapore) (2009) Paul Spencer
- Genova (2008) Michael
- Bonekickers (1 episode, "Warriors", 2008) Bobby
- Agent Crush (2008) Major Rusty Gubbins (voice)
- Saddam's Tribe (2007) (TV) Carl Gregson
- Judge John Deed (1 episode, 2007) Clerk
- The Path to 9/11 (2006) (TV) Scott Ramer
- 9/11: The Twin Towers (2006) Rick Bryan
- The Line of Beauty (2006) (TV series) Brad
- Ultimate Force (1 episode, 2006) Cpl. Tony Ritzik
- Kenneth Tynan: In Praise of Hardcore (2005) (TV) Zack
- Mindhunters (2004) Attacker
- Die Another Day (2002) (uncredited) Jumpmaster
- Hellraiser: Hellseeker (2002)(TV) Bret
- Da Vinci's Inquest (1 episode, "The Sparkle Tour", 2001) Constable Miller
- Strange Frequency (2001) (TV) Disco Man (segment "Disco Inferno")
- Beggars and Choosers (1 episode, "Killer Sushi" 2000) Teddy
- Epicenter (2000) Ivan Semenov
- The Inspectors 2: A Shred of Evidence (2000) (TV) Cop in Bank Garage
- Kessen (2000) (VG) (voice) Naomasa Yi
- Millennium (5 episodes, 1997–99) Doug Scaife
- The Outer Limits (1 episode, "The Other Side", 1999) Vince Carter
- The Rememberer (1999) Clyde
- The Vigil (1998) Jase
- Viper The Getaway (1998) (TV) Young Bud Minnick
- In the Doghouse (1998) (TV) Soundstage Guard
- Saving Grace (1998) Wally
- Madison Fallout (1997) (TV) Corporal Carter
- The Sentinel (1 episode, "Vow of Silence", 1996) Brother Timothy
- A Kidnapping in the Family (1996) (TV) Assistant Director
- Groomed (1996) Alex
- Lego City Undercover as Frank Honey
- Professor Layton vs. Phoenix Wright: Ace Attorney as Phoenix Wright
- Killzone: Mercenary as Blackjack
- Trevor White at the Internet Movie Database
- Lucky You Website
- Suspect Package Theatre Company website
- Official Agent Crush site