|The Right Reverend
|Bishop of Dover|
|Diocese||Diocese of Canterbury|
|Other posts||Bishop of Basingstoke (2002–2009)|
|Born||29 March 1950|
|Residence||The Old Palace, Canterbury|
|Children||1 daughter, Elizabeth|
|Alma mater||St Peter's College, Oxford|
Trevor Willmott (born 29 March 1950) is the Bishop of Dover in the Diocese of Canterbury since 2010; the Bishop of Dover is delegated the majority of the Archbishop of Canterbury's responsibilities within the diocese, so that Willmott acts as pseudo-diocesan bishop and is sometimes called the "Bishop in Canterbury". Willmott was previously the suffragan Bishop of Basingstoke in the Diocese of Winchester from 2002 to 2009.
Willmott undertook an undergraduate degree at St Peter's College, Oxford before studying for ordination at Fitzwilliam College and Westcott House, Cambridge. He was a curate at St George's Church, Parish of Norton, Letchworth Garden City in the Diocese of St Albans from 1974 to 1977. From 1978 to 1979 he was assistant chaplain of Oslo with Trondheim before moving to become the chaplain of Naples with Capri, Bari and Sorrento from 1979 to 1983. He was also Officiating Chaplain to the British and American forces in Southern Europe from 1979 to 1983. All of these appointments were in the Diocese in Europe.
In 1983, Willmott returned to the United Kingdom as Rector of Ecton, Northamptonshire and Warden of the Peterborough diocesan retreat house at Ecton House. In addition to these positions, he became Diocesan Director of Ordinands and of Post-Ordination Training in 1986. He became a Canon residentiary and precentor of Peterborough Cathedral in 1989 (remaining Diocesan Director of Ordinands and of Post-Ordination Training) until 1997, when he became a canon residentiary of Durham Cathedral and Archdeacon of Durham. In 2002 he was ordained to the episcopate and succeeded Geoffrey Rowell following Rowell's appointment as Bishop of Gibraltar. He was installed as the Bishop of Basingstoke on 11 May 2002 at Winchester Cathedral, and as the Bishop of Dover on 6 February 2010 at Canterbury Cathedral.
In January 2014, in an interim arrangement, Willmott was appointed oversight of the Channel Islands (part of the Diocese of Winchester) following a breakdown of relations with the Bishop of Winchester over the handling of alleged abuse.
- The Reverend Trevor Willmott (1973–1989)
- The Reverend Canon Trevor Willmott (1989–1997)
- The Venerable Trevor Willmott (1997–2002)
- The Right Reverend Trevor Willmott (2002—present)
- Canterbury Diocese — Who's Who
- Canterbury Diocese — Bishop of Dover
- Daily Telegraph p30 "Senior appointments in the clergy" issue 48,013 dated 14 October 2009
- 10 Downing Street's Press Release regarding Willmott's appointment as Bishop of Basingstoke
- Installation of the Bishop of Basingstoke
- "Bishop of Dover to assume interim episcopal oversight in Channel Islands". The Archbishop of Canterbury. 22 January 2014. Retrieved 19 June 2016.
|Church of England titles|
|Archdeacon of Durham
|Bishop of Basingstoke
|Bishop of Dover