|Boston Red Sox|
June 27, 1994 |
New Castle, Indiana
Ronald Eugene "Trey" Ball, III (born June 27, 1994) is an American baseball player in the Boston Red Sox organization. He graduated from New Castle High School in New Castle, Indiana, and was considered to be among the best prospects available in the 2013 Major League Baseball Draft. He started his minor league career with the Gulf Coast Red Sox. He then was moved to Greenville and now to Salem.
Ball graduated from New Castle High School in New Castle, Indiana, where he played for the school's baseball team as a pitcher and outfielder. In his senior year, Ball led his team to the North Central Conference championship and won the Gatorade Indiana Baseball Player of the Year Award.
Ball has committed to attend the University of Texas, where he would play college baseball for the Texas Longhorns baseball team. He was drafted with the 7th pick by the Boston Red Sox in the 2013 Major League Baseball Draft. He signed with the Red Sox, receiving a $2.75 million signing bonus.
- [dead link]
- Wilson, Sam. (May 29, 2013) New Castle's Ball named top baseball player in Indiana. usatodayhss.com
- Neddenriep, Kyle. (April 26, 2013) New Castle's Trey Ball has a $3 million arm – and bat. indystar.com
- Thomas St. Myer, Muncie Star-Press (March 5, 2013). "New Castle baseball star Trey Ball trades aluminum for wood at the plate – USA TODAY High School Sports". Usatodayhss.com. Retrieved May 29, 2013.
- Tomase, John. (June 19, 2013) Full Count » Red Sox set to finalize deal with first-rounder Trey Ball. Fullcount.weei.com. Retrieved on 2016-07-11.
- "30 Bryant McIntosh". NUSports.com. Retrieved March 7, 2017.
- Career statistics and player information from Baseball-Reference (Minors)
|This biographical article relating to an American baseball pitcher born in the 1990s is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|