|No. 2 – Panteras de Miranda|
|League||Liga Profesional de Baloncesto|
January 24, 1985 |
|Listed height||6 ft 9 in (2.06 m)|
|Listed weight||185 lb (84 kg)|
|High school||DeSoto (DeSoto, Texas)|
|College||McNeese State (2003–2004)
Tyler JC (2004–2006)
Northwestern State (2006–2008)
|NBA draft||2008 / Undrafted|
|2008–2009||Colorado 14ers (D-League)|
|2009–2010||Maine Red Claws (D-League)|
|2010||Albuquerque Thunderbirds (D-League)|
|2010–2011||Sydney Kings (Australia)|
|2012||Sioux Falls Skyforce (D-League)|
|2012||Trotamundos de Carabobo (Venezuela)|
|2012||Cañeros de La Romana (D. Republic)|
|2013||Trotamundos de Carabobo (Venezuela)|
|2014||Halcones de Xalapa (Mexico)|
|2014||Trotamundos de Carabobo (Venezuela)|
|2015||Austin Spurs (D-League)|
|2015||Westchester Knicks (D-League)|
|2015–present||Panteras de Miranda (Venezuela)|
|Career highlights and awards|
George "Trey" Gilder III (born January 24, 1985) is an American professional basketball player for the Panteras de Miranda of the Venezuelan Liga Profesional de Baloncesto (LPB). He played college basketball for McNeese State, Tyler Junior College and Northwestern State.
High school career
Gilder played two years at Northwestern State University from 2006 to 2008. He averaged 14.1 points, 4.7 rebounds, 1.5 assists and 1.2 steals per game over his Northwestern State college career. Gilder was named to the 2006–07 Southland Conference All-Tournament Team in his first year with the Demons. He went on to be named to the 2007–08 first-team All-Southland Conference after leading the Demons in points (16.4) and rebounds (6.2) as a senior, finishing ninth in school history in points in a single season (542).
After going undrafted in the 2008 NBA draft, Gilder was selected by the Colorado 14ers in the second round of the 2008 NBA Development League Draft on November 7, 2008. He went on to help the 14ers win the 2009 NBA D-League championship as he averaged 13.6 points in 54 games on the season.
In July 2009, Gilder joined the Memphis Grizzlies for the 2009 NBA Summer League and later signed with the team on August 27, 2009. However, he was waived by the Grizzlies on November 5 after appearing in six preseason games and two regular season games. On November 30, he was acquired by the Maine Red Claws. On March 5, 2010, he was traded to the Albuquerque Thunderbirds in exchange for Kurt Looby.
In July 2010, Gilder joined the Orlando Magic for the Orlando Summer League and the Atlanta Hawks for the Las Vegas Summer League. In November 2010, he signed with KK Zagreb of the Croatian A-1 Liga but lasted just two games for parting ways with the club. On December 7, 2010, he signed with the Sydney Kings for the rest of the 2010–11 NBL season. In 20 games for the Kings, he averaged 13.2 points, 5.5 rebounds and 2.2 assists per game.
On December 12, 2011, Gilder signed with the Utah Jazz. However, he was later waived by the Jazz on December 21, 2011. Having held the returning players rights of Gilder following the name change from the New Mexico Thunderbirds, the Canton Charge traded his rights to the Sioux Falls Skyforce on January 3, 2012.
On April 18, 2012, Gilder signed with Trotamundos de Carabobo of Venezuela for the rest of the 2012 LPB season. In July 2012, he joined the Miami Heat for the 2012 NBA Summer League, and the following month, he signed with Cañeros de La Romana of the Liga Nacional de Baloncesto.
On September 26, 2012, Gilder signed with the Utah Jazz, returning to the franchise for a second stint. However, he was waived again on October 18, 2012 after appearing in two preseason games. In February 2013, he returned to Trotamundos de Carabobo but left the team after two months.
Gilder is the son of Judith Hawkins, and he has a brother, Keri.
- "Trey Gilder – Yahoo! Sports". Yahoo.com. Retrieved October 8, 2013.
- "D-League Profiles: Trey Gilder". RidiculousUpside.com. SB Nation. April 29, 2009. Retrieved October 8, 2013.
- "Trey Gilder Stats". Sports-Reference.com. Retrieved January 28, 2015.
- RED CLAWS ACQUIRE TREY GILDER
- Trey Gilder D-League Stats
- The Skinny: Grizzlies Sign Trey Gilder
- Grizzlies waive Trey Gilder
- RED CLAWS ACQUIRE KURT LOOBY AT TRADE DEADLINE
- Zagreb doveo Rančića i novog Amerikanca (Croatian)
- Kings sign former Memphis Grizzly
- Kings sign former NBA player
- Player statistics for Trey Gilder
- Jazz Signs Jamaal Tinsley, Keith McLeod and Trey Gilder
- Utah Jazz waive four players
- Charge Acquire Pick from Skyforce
- Trotamundos de Carabobo tab Trey Gilder
- EX NBA TREY GILDER LLEGA ESTE MIERCOLES PARA LOS CAÑEROS DEL ESTE (Spanish)
- Jazz Signs Four Free Agents
- Jazz Waives Two Players
- Trey Gilder joins Halcones Xalapa
- AUSTIN SPURS ACQUIRE TREY GILDER
- Sherrod Wright Returns to Westchester
- Panteras land Trey Gilder
- Trey Gilder - 2007 Men's Basketball