June 24, 1972[|
|Institutions||University of California, San Diego|
|Alma mater||Massachusetts Institute of Technology (MIT)
University of Washington
|Thesis||Validation and refinement of genetic networks in yeast (2001)|
|Doctoral advisor||Leroy Hood|
|Notable awards||Overton Prize (2009)|
Trey Ideker is the Chief of Genetics and Professor of Medicine and Bioengineering at University of California, San Diego (UCSD). His research uses genomic data in order to construct network models of cellular processes and diseases.
Ideker gained his B.S. in Electrical Engineering and Computer Science from M.I.T. in 1994, his M.Eng. in Electrical Engineering and Computer Science from M.I.T. in 1995 and his Ph.D. in Molecular Biotechnology from the University of Washington in 2001 under the supervision of Leroy Hood. While working with Hood, Ideker was one of the first researchers to publish an integrated computational model of a metabolic network. As of 2014, the paper describing this model has been cited over 1,900 times.
Roles and Awards
In 2005, Ideker was named by the MIT Technology Review TR35 as one of the top 35 innovators in the world under the age of 35. The following year, Technology Review named him as one of the top 10 innovators of 2006.
- http://idekerlab.ucsd.edu/people/Pages/trey-ideker.aspx Dr. Trey Ideker
- "Keynote Speaker Abstracts & Biographies". http://www.iscb.org. Retrieved 4 September 2014. External link in
- Ideker, T; Thorsson, V; Ranish, JA; Christmas, R; Buhler, J; Eng, JK; Bumgarner, R; Goodlett, DR; Aebersold, R; Hood, L (May 4, 2001). "Integrated genomic and proteomic analyses of a systematically perturbed metabolic network.". Science. 292 (5518): 929–34. doi:10.1126/science.292.5518.929. PMID 11340206.
- Morrison Mckay, B. J.; Sansom, C. (2009). "Webb Miller and Trey Ideker to Receive Top International Bioinformatics Awards for 2009 from the International Society for Computational Biology". PLoS Computational Biology. 5 (4): e1000375. doi:10.1371/journal.pcbi.1000375. PMC . PMID 19390599.
- "Trey Ideker - Google Scholar Citations". Retrieved 4 September 2014.
- Shannon, P; Markiel, A; Ozier, O; Baliga, NS; Wang, JT; Ramage, D; Amin, N; Schwikowski, B; Ideker, T (Nov 2003). "Cytoscape: a software environment for integrated models of biomolecular interaction networks.". Genome Research. 13 (11): 2498–504. doi:10.1101/gr.1239303. PMC . PMID 14597658.
- "Trey Ideker - Division of Medical Genetics - UC San Diego". http://medgenetics.ucsd.edu. Retrieved 4 September 2014. External link in
- "Oxford Journals - Science & Mathematics - Bioinformatics - Editorial Board". http://www.oxfordjournals.org. Retrieved 4 September 2014. External link in
- "PLOS Computational Biology Editorial Board". http://www.ploscompbiol.org. Retrieved 4 September 2014. External link in
- "2005 Young Innovators Under 35". Technology Review. 2005. Retrieved August 15, 2011.
- "Overton Prize".