|Headquarters||Santa Monica, California, USA|
Treyarch is an American video game development company, founded in 1996 by Peter Akemann and Doğan Köslü (a.k.a. Don Likeness), and acquired by Activision in 2001. Located in Santa Monica, California, it has produced multiple games, including Call of Duty 2: Big Red One, Call of Duty 3, Call of Duty: World at War, Call of Duty: Black Ops, Call of Duty: Black Ops II, and Call of Duty: Black Ops III.
As part of the 2007 Leipzig Games Convention, Activision announced that Treyarch would be one of three developers behind their first James Bond based game, Quantum of Solace. The game was released on October 31, 2008 in Europe and November 4, 2008 in North America. Vicarious Visions developed the DS version and Eurocom developed the PlayStation 2 version. Treyarch is also a major developer in the Call of Duty series. They have made Call of Duty 2: Big Red One, Call of Duty 3, Call of Duty: World at War, Call of Duty: Black Ops, Call of Duty: Black Ops II and Call of Duty: Black Ops III.
Call of Duty: Black Ops II held the record for the largest ever entertainment launch in history in any form of entertainment, breaking the record within 24 hours of its release until it was surpassed by Grand Theft Auto V. Sales from the game worldwide reached US$650 million within five days after its release. Treyarch worked on the Wii U version of Call of Duty: Ghosts, in order to optimize it for the console. The company recently released Call of Duty: Black Ops III.
|2000||Tony Hawk's Pro Skater||Dreamcast, Xbox||Neversoft|
|2000||Tony Hawk's Pro Skater 2||Dreamcast, Xbox|
|2009||Call of Duty: Modern Warfare: Reflex||Wii||Infinity Ward|
|2011||Call of Duty: Modern Warfare 3||Wii|
|2013||Call of Duty: Ghosts||Wii U|
- "Gray Matter Studios Games". IGN. Retrieved 2016-05-20.
- The Associated Press (November 11, 2010). "CBC News – Technology & Science – Call of Duty breaks sales record". CBC. Retrieved 2010-11-16.
- Staff Writer (November 18, 2010). "Call of Duty Black Ops Sales Hit $650M". socalTECH. Retrieved November 22, 2010.
- McElroy, Griffin (July 25, 2013). "Call of Duty: Ghosts confirmed for Wii U launch on Nov. 5 (update)". Polygon. Retrieved 30 July 2013.
- Robinson, Martin (April 26, 2015). "Call of Duty: Black Ops 3 PC requirements revealed". Retrieved April 28, 2015.