|Products||Call of Duty series (2005–present)|
Number of employees
Treyarch Corporation, formerly known as Treyarch Invention, is an American video game developer, founded in 1996 by Peter Akemann and Doğan Köslü, and acquired by Activision in 2001. Located in Santa Monica, California, it is known for its work for the Call of Duty series, alongside Infinity Ward, Sledgehammer Games, and Raven Software.
As part of the 2007 Leipzig Games Convention, Activision announced that Treyarch would be one of three developers behind their first James Bond based game, 007: Quantum of Solace. The game was released on October 31, 2008 in Europe and November 4, 2008 in North America. Vicarious Visions developed the Nintendo DS version and Eurocom developed the PlayStation 2 version. Treyarch is a major developer in the Call of Duty series.
Call of Duty: Black Ops II held the record for the largest entertainment launch in history in any form of entertainment, breaking the record within 24 hours of its release until it was surpassed by Grand Theft Auto V. Sales from the game worldwide reached US$650 million within five days after its release. Treyarch worked on the Wii U version of Call of Duty: Ghosts, in order to optimize it for the console. Treyarch's latest video game is Call of Duty: Black Ops Cold War, which was developed with Raven Software. The game was released on November 13, 2020
|2000||Tony Hawk's Pro Skater||Dreamcast, Microsoft Windows||Neversoft|
|Tony Hawk's Pro Skater 2|
|2009||Call of Duty: Modern Warfare: Reflex||Wii||Infinity Ward|
|2011||Call of Duty: Modern Warfare 3|
|2013||Call of Duty: Ghosts||Wii U|
- "Meet the studio behind Call of Duty: Black Ops and Zombies mode". May 8, 2018.
- "Gray Matter Studios Games". IGN. Archived from the original on September 28, 2012. Retrieved May 20, 2016.
- The Associated Press (November 11, 2010). "CBC News – Technology & Science – Call of Duty breaks sales record". CBC. Retrieved November 16, 2010.
- Staff Writer (November 18, 2010). "Call of Duty Black Ops Sales Hit $650M". socalTECH. Retrieved November 22, 2010.
- McElroy, Griffin (July 25, 2013). "Call of Duty: Ghosts confirmed for Wii U launch on Nov. 5 (update)". Polygon. Retrieved July 30, 2013.
- Robinson, Martin (April 26, 2015). "Call of Duty: Black Ops 3 PC requirements revealed". Retrieved April 28, 2015.