Logo of the game
|Developer(s)||United Front Games|
Square Enix London Studios
Triad Wars is a cancelled open world online multiplayer video game developed by United Front Games in conjunction with Square Enix London Studios and published by Square Enix. It is a spin-off to the 2012 video game Sleeping Dogs and the second installment in the Sleeping Dogs series. The game had more traditional multiplayer online game elements than Sleeping Dogs, with the central goal being to "rise to power as a criminal kingpin of the Triad underworld." It featured the same map as the original Sleeping Dogs.
In October 2013, United Front Games confirmed that a game, titled Triad Wars,set within Sleeping Dogs' universe was in production. The developer confirmed that it would be published by Square Enix, and would be shown to the public in 2014. Triad Wars was described by the developers as "something we've wanted to do for ages but just never had the chance. But now we do."
United Front Games teased that Triad Wars would be a PC online game on 19 September 2014. A reveal took place on 22 September 2014, which included an announcement trailer. In early 2015, the game entered its beta-testing stage. It was announced in December 2015 that the game would be shutting down. Developer United Front Games announced the closure on Twitter and the official Triad Wars forums. The developers published a statement saying "We've loved seeing how you've played Triad Wars but we know it wasn't right for many of you."
- Baldwin, James (September 19, 2014). "Big News Coming!". United Front Games. Retrieved September 19, 2014.
- Shaun Prescott (2014-09-23). "Triad Wars is an "open world action strategy" game coming exclusively to PC". PC Gamer. Retrieved 2014-09-23.
- Eddie Makuch (2014-09-23). "Sleeping Dogs Dev Reveals PC Open-World Action Game Triad Wars". PC Gamer. Retrieved 2014-09-23.
- Robinson, Nick (April 9, 2015). "Triad Wars is not a multiplayer Sleeping Dogs". Polygon. Retrieved October 14, 2015.
- Dyer, Mitch (October 7, 2013). "'Sleeping Dogs Universe' Sequel Triad Wars in Development". IGN. Retrieved October 7, 2013.
- Robinson, Andy (December 9, 2013). "Sleeping Dogs dev teases Triad Wars image". Computer and Video Games. Retrieved March 15, 2014.
- James Baldwin (19 September 2014). "Big News Coming". United Front Games. Retrieved 19 September 2014.
- Hillier, Brenna (23 September 2014). "Sleeping Dogs follow up Triad Wars gets first trailer, beta registration open now". VG247. Retrieved 23 September 2014.
- Martin, Michael (2015-12-23). "Sleeping Dogs Successor Triad Wars Closing Down". IGN. Retrieved 2018-06-12.
- Futter, Mike. "Square Enix Shutting Down Free-To-Play Sleeping Dogs Success". Game Informer. Retrieved 23 December 2015.
|This action-adventure game article is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|