|Release||February 26, 2019|
Trials Rising is an upcoming multiplayer 2.5D racing game developed by RedLynx and Ubisoft Kiev and published by Ubisoft. It will be released on Microsoft Windows, PlayStation 4, Xbox One and Nintendo Switch in February 2019. It will be the first mainline entry in the Trials series since 2014's Trials Fusion.
In Trials Rising, the player controls a rider on a physics-based motorcycle from the start of the level to the end while navigating a number of obstacles. The game features obstacle courses set in various parts of the world such as the Eiffel Tower and Mount Everest, and the player can compete against each other in local and online multiplayer. The game allows players to view other players’ best personal performance and they will be notified when the player's record is broken by others. In addition to being able to create custom obstacle courses and share it with other players, players can also customize the rider's outfit and the motorcycle. A local multiplayer mode called “Tandem Bike” is introduced in Rising, which two riders control the same motorcycle. Each player will be responsible for controlling a part of the balance and power of the vehicle.
The game was announced by Ubisoft at its E3 2018 press conference. RedLynx and Ubisoft Kiev served as lead developers on the title. In order to ensure that players will understand the game's control scheme and gameplay mechanics, RedLynx invited several YouTubers and members of the Trials community to test and provide feedback regarding the game's tutorial. A closed beta was held in September 2018. Trials Rising is set to be released for Microsoft Windows, PlayStation 4, Xbox One and Nintendo Switch in February 2019.
- Martin, Liam (June 11, 2018). "Trials Rising release date REVEALED: Beta sign-ups live for PS4, Nintendo Switch, Xbox One". Express.co.uk. Retrieved June 12, 2018.
- Caldwell, Brendan (Jun 11, 2018). "Trials Rising is backflipping out in February 2019". Rock, Paper, Shotgun. Retrieved June 12, 2018.
- Pereira, Chris (June 11, 2018). "E3 2018: Ubisoft Reveals New Game Trials Rising During Press Conference". GameSpot. Retrieved June 12, 2018.
- Wales, Matt (August 22, 2018). "Trials Rising gets a release date and beta details". Eurogamer. Retrieved August 23, 2018.
- Vazquez, Suriel (June 11, 2018). "Trials Rising Takes The Series Around The World". Game Informer. Retrieved June 12, 2018.