Tribute (1980 film)
|Directed by||Bob Clark|
|Produced by||Garth H. Drabinsky|
|Written by||Bernard Slade|
|Music by||Kenneth Wannberg|
|Cinematography||Reginald H. Morris|
|Edited by||Richard Halsey|
|Distributed by||20th Century Fox|
|14 December 1980|
|Box office||$4 million (US/ Canada)|
Scottie Templeton is a show-business veteran, based in New York and well known in the theatrical community there. He has many acquaintances, but is divorced from his wife and estranged from his only son.
Scottie learns that he has leukemia and is dying. His ex-wife Maggie, in town for a school reunion, comes to visit and reflect on their time together. Scottie makes an effort to reconnect with his son, Jud, who still has anger issues. A young actress Scottie once dated, Sally Haines, strikes Scottie as someone who might be a good romantic match for his son. As a testimonial dinner is organized in Scottie's honor, he attempts to repair some of his past relationships in the time he has left.
- Jack Lemmon - Scottie Templeton
- Robby Benson - Jud Templeton
- Lee Remick - Maggie Stratton
- Colleen Dewhurst - Gladys Petrelli
- John Marley - Lou Daniels
- Kim Cattrall - Sally Haines
- Gale Garnett - Hilary
- Teri Keane - Evelyn
- Rummy Bishop - Poker Player
- John Dee - Poker Player
- Bob Windsor - Poker Player
- Eileen Lehman - Nurse
- Andrew Foot - Actor
- Trevor Daley - Cop
It was entered into the 31st Berlin International Film Festival where Jack Lemmon won the Silver Bear for Best Actor. Lemmon was also nominated for a Golden Globe and an Academy Award for his performance. He won the Canadian Genie Award for Best Performance by a Foreign Actor.
- Aubrey Solomon, Twentieth Century Fox: A Corporate and Financial History, Scarecrow Press, 1989 p259
- Solomon p 235. Figures are rentals not total gross.
- "Berlinale 1981: Prize Winners". berlinale.de. Retrieved 2010-08-31.
|This article related to a Canadian film of the 1980s is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|
|This film article about a 1980s comedy is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|