Trifolium dubium, the lesser trefoil, suckling clover, little hop clover or lesser hop trefoil, is a flowering plant in the pea and clover family Fabaceae. This species is generally accepted as the primary plant to represent the traditional Irish shamrock.
It is native to Europe, but can be found in many parts of the world as an introduced species.
- "The Plant List: A Working List of All Plant Species". Retrieved 28 June 2015.
- "BSBI List 2007". Botanical Society of Britain and Ireland. Archived from the original (xls) on 2015-02-25. Retrieved 2014-10-17.
- "Trifolium dubium". Natural Resources Conservation Service PLANTS Database. USDA. Retrieved 15 December 2015.
- Cooper, P. Shamrock shortage in Ireland sparks St. Pat's fears. Irish Central.
- Ansari, H. A., et al. (2008). Molecular and cytogenetic evidence for an allotetraploid origin of Trifolium dubium (Leguminosae). Chromosoma 117(2):159-67.
|This Faboideae-related article is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|