|Full name||Triin Aljand|
July 8, 1985 |
|Height||1.79 m (5 ft 10 in)|
|Weight||68 kg (150 lb)|
|College team||Texas A&M|
Triin Aljand (born July 8, 1985 in Tallinn) is a retired Estonian swimmer who won a silver medal at the 2012 European Aquatics Championships in 50 m butterfly. She competed in the 2004, 2008 and 2012 Summer Olympics in the 50 m and 100 m freestyle and 100 butterfly, but never reached the finals. She also participated in multiple FINA World Aquatics Championships.
She currently attends Texas A&M University, where she swims for the women's varsity team. On November 21, 2008, she broke the NCAA record for the 50-yard freestyle with her time of 21.61, though the record was disqualified after it was found the pool was just over one inch short.
She set the Estonian national records three times in the 50-m butterfly on December 12, 2008. She set another national record in the 100-m butterfly at the 2008 European Short Course Swimming Championships on December 14, 2008.
She is engaged to Slovenian swimmer Peter Mankoč.
- Triin Aljand. sports-reference.com
- Ujujad naudivad Singapuri treeninglaagris sooja vastuvõttu – Eesti Päevaleht. Epl.ee. Retrieved on 2012-08-31.
- Texas A&M Olympian Schedule. aggieathletics.com (2008-08-05).
- Lane 9 News Archive: Texas A&M's Triin Aljand Clips NCAA 50 Free Record; Short Pool Troubles Strike A&M Again as Record Disallowed. Swimmingworldmagazine.com. Retrieved on 2012-08-31.
- Aljand Breaks All-Time NCAA Record in 50-Yard Freestyle; Record Disallowed After Pool Measurement. aggieathletics.com (2008-11-21)
- Aljand Sets Estonian Record. Kbtx.com (2008-12-12). Retrieved on 2012-08-31.
- December 14. aggiesports.com (2008-12-14).
|Estonian Sportswoman of the Year