The main square in Trikomo
|• District||Famagusta District|
|Country (controlled by)||Northern Cyprus|
|• District||İskele District|
|• Mayor||Halil Orun (UBP)|
|Time zone||EET (UTC+2)|
|• Summer (DST)||EEST (UTC+3)|
Municipality (in exile)
Trikomo (Greek: Τρίκωμο) or Yeni İskele (in Turkish) is a town in north-eastern Mesaoria in Cyprus. De facto, it is under the control of Northern Cyprus. Trikomo gained municipality status on 1 June 1998. It is the administrative center of the İskele District of Northern Cyprus.
Turkish Cypriot Larnaca Municipality that was founded in 1958 moved to Trikomo in 1974.
Culture, sports, and tourism
Turkish Cypriot İskele Gençlerbirliği Sports Club was founded in 1934, and now in Cyprus Turkish Football Association (CTFA) K-PET 1st League.
The town is known for its annual international folk dance festival and the 12th century Panagia Theotokos Church, which hosts an icon museum showcasing rare examples of medieval iconography in Cyprus.
Twin towns — sister cities
Trikomo is twinned with:
- Beykoz, Istanbul, Turkey
- Büyükçekmece, Istanbul, Turkey
- Finike, Antalya, Turkey (since 2015)
- Mamak, Ankara, Turkey
- Pendik, Istanbul, Turkey
- Samsun, Turkey (since 2006)
- KKTC 2011 Nüfus ve Konut Sayımı [TRNC 2011 Population and Housing Census] (PDF), TRNC State Planning Organization, 6 August 2013
- Iskele Municipality
- "TRIKOMO", Internal Displacement in Cyprus (PRIO Cyprus Centre), retrieved 20 October 2014
- Iskele MunicipalityHistory
- Northern CyprusAssociation of Football Clubs
- "Karpaz Area Local Development Strategy". EU Aid Programme for the Turkish Cypriot Community. Archived from the original (PDF) on 28 March 2015.
- "We are connected to Cyprus with Our Hearts". © Dost Beykoz. Retrieved 2015-06-18.
- "Twin towns of Buyukcekmece Municipality". © Buyukcekmece Municipality. Retrieved 2015-06-18.
- "Twin Town to Finike from Cyprus". © Finike Municipality. Retrieved 2015-06-18.
- "Mamak - Twin Towns". © Mamak-City.sk. Retrieved 2013-10-19.
- "İskele Belediyesi ve Pendik Belediyesi arasında "Kardeş Şehir" protokolü imzalandı.". © Pendik-City.sk. Retrieved 2013-10-19.
- "Samsun - Twin Towns". © Samsun-City.sk. Retrieved 2013-10-19.
|This Cyprus location article is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|