Type of site
Trillion Fund is a equity crowdfunding platform that raises money for environmental and social projects.
It was founded in 2011 by Dr. Michael Stein and Phillip Riches. The platform was launched in response to warnings given by the United Nations that it will take US$1 trillion of investment annually to prevent the world from warming by more than 2 degrees. This one trillion figure gave rise to the company's name.
Trillion is privately owned. Vivienne Westwood became a majority stakeholder in March 2013, and Albion London took a stake in April 2014. Mark Stevenson has a role in the advisory board of Trillion Fund.
- "Vivienne Westwood becomes ambassador for clean energy Trillion Fund". Climateactionprogramme.org. 2014-09-03. Retrieved 2015-04-30.
- "Everyone can profit from renewable energy". Trillionfund.com. Retrieved 2015-04-30.
- Mark Stevenson (2013-08-26). "Mark Stevenson - Contributors - Greenbelt Festival". Greenbelt.org.uk. Archived from the original on 2013-06-18. Retrieved 2015-04-30.
- "Trillion Fund and Buzzbnk announce merger to create UK's biggest social crowdfunding platform | Buzzbnk's Blog". Blog.buzzbnk.org. 2014-07-21. Retrieved 2015-04-30.
- "Meet Britain's Biggest Social Crowdfunding Platform". Forbes.com. 2014-05-08. Retrieved 2015-04-30.