|Traded as||NASDAQ: TRMB|
S&P 400 Component
|Industry||Geospatial, Construction, Agriculture, Transportation and Logistics, Telecommunications, Asset tracking, Mapping, Utilities, Mobile Resource Management, Government, RFID|
|Founder||Charles Trimble, et al.|
|Steven Berglund (CEO)|
|Revenue||$3.1 billion (2018)|
|$282.8 million (2018)|
Number of employees
Trimble Inc. is a Sunnyvale, California-based developer of [Global Navigation Satellite System] (GNSS) receivers, laser rangefinders, unmanned aerial vehicles (UAVs), inertial navigation systems and software processing tools. The company was founded in November 1978.
By the end of 2016, the company had 8,388 employees, with more than half of employees in locations outside the United States.
The company's acquisitions include Pocket Mobile AB, @Road, Cengea Solutions Inc., Datacom Software Research, Spectra Precision Group, Tripod Data Systems, Advanced Public Safety, Inc., ALK Technologies, Apache Technologies, Acutest Engineering Solutions Ltd, Applanix, Géo-3D, INPHO, Gatewing, Gehry Technologies, Meridian Systems, NTech Industries, Pacific Crest, Quantm, Accubid Systems, SketchUp, QuickPen International, SECO Mfg. Co., Inc., Visual Statement, Stabiplan, XYZ Solutions, Inc, Tekla, Vianova Systems, ThingMagic, Spime Inc., Punch Telematix NV, TMW Systems and TopoSys Gmbh.
Their role in building information modeling (BIM), architecture and construction has been growing. Most publicised was their 2012 acquisition of the 3D modeling software package SketchUp from Google. As of 2014 they also own Tekla (BIM modelling), Vico Office (BIM data handling) and Gehry Technologies' GTeam (project coordination). In 2016, Trimble acquired Sefaira (sustainability analysis software including energy modeling and daylight visualization). On April 23, 2018, Trimble entered into an agreement to acquire privately held Viewpoint from investment firm Bain Capital in an all-cash transaction of US$1.2bn, with an expected completion in Q3 of 2018. On February 12, 2019, a new division called Trimble MAPS (Maps and Applications for Professional Solutions) was launched, bringing together Trimble’s former ALK Technologies and TMW Appian Final Mile businesses.
The company changed its name from Trimble Navigation Limited to Trimble Inc.; the name change and change in legal domicile became effective October 1, 2016. Trimble Inc. continued to operate without change or material impacts to stakeholders. The corporate headquarters remained in California.
Trimble sells products and services into the following industries: land survey, construction, agriculture, transportation, telecommunications, asset tracking, mapping, utilities, mobile resource management, and government.
- "Trimble reports fourth quarter and full year 2018 results". Trimble Inc. Feb 8, 2017. Retrieved June 20, 2017.
- "Annual Report". Trimble Inc. February 24, 2017. Archived from the original on June 30, 2017. Retrieved June 20, 2017.
- "Silicon Investor (SI) -- The First Internet Community". Silicon Investor. 2000-08-31. Retrieved 2016-03-13.
- "Trimble News".
- "About Trimble Navigation: History". Archived from the original on 15 April 2012. Retrieved 11 April 2012.
- Trimble plots route to European growth in Mobile Resource Management with acquisition of Punch Telematix, news from company website, retrieved 2011-07-11
- Trimble to Acquire North American Trucking Industry Enterprise Software Leader TMW Systems, Expanding Transportation and Logistics Reach, news from company website, retrieved 2015-05-09
- "Trimble to Enhance its Office-to-Field Platform with the Acquisition of Google's SketchUp 3D Modeling Platform". Trimble. Retrieved 8 June 2012.
- "Trimble Launches Trimble Connect, New Cloud-based Collaboration Platform for Construction and Operation of Buildings".
- Editorial, Reuters. "Trimble to buy privately-held Viewpoint in $1.2 billion deal". U.K. Retrieved 2018-05-11.
- "Trimble to Acquire Viewpoint to Create the Industry's Most Complete Construction Management Solution".
- Trimble MAPS Blog. "Trimble Launches Division Dedicated to Advancing Commercial Map-Centric Technology". blog.maps.trimble.com. Retrieved 2019-02-18.
- "Trimble News Release". www.trimble.com. Retrieved 2019-02-18.
- "Geospatialworld.net". Retrieved 4 October 2016.