||A major contributor to this article appears to have a close connection with its subject. (July 2014)|
|Traded as||NASDAQ: TRMB|
|Industry||Geospatial, Construction, Agriculture, Transportation and Logistics, Telecommunications, Asset tracking, Mapping, Utilities, Mobile Resource Management, Government, RFID|
|Founder||Charles Trimble, et al.|
|Headquarters||Sunnyvale, California, United States|
|Steven Berglund (CEO)|
|Revenue||$2.4 Billion for FY 2014|
Number of employees
|6,561 (as of 2012)|
Trimble Navigation, Ltd., headquartered in Sunnyvale, California, makes Global Positioning System (GPS) receivers, laser rangefinders, Unmanned aerial vehicles (UAVs), and inertial navigation systems. As of 2012, the company has 6561 employees who are located in about 30 countries. Since 1999, Trimble's revenues have grown from approximately $270 million to over $2.0 billion in 2012.
The company's acquisitions include Spectra Precision Group, Tripod Data Systems, Advanced Public Safety, Inc., Apache Technologies, Acutest Engineering Solutions Ltd, Applanix, Géo-3D, INPHO, Gatewing, Meridian Systems, NTech Industries, Pacific Crest, Quantm, Accubid Systems, QuickPen International, SECO Mfg. Co., Inc., Visual Statement, XYZ Solutions, Inc, Tekla, ThingMagic, Spime Inc., Punch Telematix NV, and TMW Systems.
Their role in BIM, architecture and construction has been growing. Most publicised was their 2012 acquisition of the 3D modeling software package SketchUp from Google. As of 2014 they also own Tekla (BIM modelling), Vico Office (BIM data handling) and Gehry Technologies' GTeam (project coordination).
In 2009, Trimble was recognized on Forbes’ list of the top 400 best big companies. This was the first time Trimble made the list. In prior years, the company was also featured on Forbes’ 100 Best Mid-Caps in America (2005, 2006, and 2008) and Forbes’ 200 Best Small Companies (2005) lists.
- trimble.com About Trimble
- "Trimble Navigation 2011 Annual Report" (PDF). Retrieved 11 April 2012.
- "About Trimble Navigation: History". Retrieved 11 April 2012.
- Trimble plots route to European growth in Mobile Resource Management with acquisition of Punch Telematix, news from company website, retrieved 2011-07-11
- Trimble to Acquire North American Trucking Industry Enterprise Software Leader TMW Systems, Expanding Transportation and Logistics Reach, news from company website, retrieved 2015-05-09
- "Trimble to Enhance its Office-to-Field Platform with the Acquisition of Google's SketchUp 3D Modeling Platform". Trimble. Retrieved 8 June 2012.
- "Trimble Launches Trimble Connect, New Cloud-based Collaboration Platform for Construction and Operation of Buildings".
- "Forbes 400 Best Big Companies". 2008. Retrieved 11 April 2012.
- "Forbes.com". Retrieved 11 April 2012.