Number of employees
Trina Solar Limited (TSL, Chinese: 天合光能有限公司) is a Chinese company located in the province of Jiangsu, with numerous branches in the USA, Europe and Asia, which is listed on the PPVX solar share index and on the NYSE. Founded in 1997 by Jifan Gao the company develops and produces ingots, wafers, solar cells and solar modules. In the past few years Trina Solar was listed repeatedly on the Fortune list of the top 100 of the world’s fastest growing companies (in 2011 No.11). Trina Solar has developed a vertically integrated supply chain, from the production of ingots, wafers and cells to the assembly of high quality modules. The company has shipped solar modules with a total output of 11 GW until the end of 2014. In the financial year of 2014 a total of 3.66 GW have been shipped, making Trina Solar the top pv module supplier globally as IHS reported. Trina Solar surpassed Yingli as the world's biggest solar panel maker.
Since December 2008 Trina Solar is ISO 14001-cerfiticated; the last Sustainability Report covers the year 2013. In the year 2010 the company became full member of PV Cycle and offers free return and recycling of used modules. Therefore, Trina Solar fulfills the WEEE directive of the EU. In 2012, 2013, and 2014  Trina Solar was also ranked in the top position of the Solar Scorecard of the Silicon Valley Toxics Coalition (SVTC).
- annual report 2014 downloaded on 01 September 2015 (pdf)
- Fortune's Fastest-Growing Companies, last access 7 August 2012
- About us, last access 7 May 2015
- Trina Solar Announces Fourth Quarter and Full Year 2014 Results, last access 30 April 2015
- Trina Solar takes top spot amongst PV module suppliers, last access 30 April 2015
- Trina Solar 2013 Sustainable Development Report, last access 29 April 2015
- Trina Solar WEEE Directive compliance, last access 29 April 2015
- Solar Scorecard 2012, last access 29 April 2015
- Solar Scorecard 2013, last access 29 April 2015
- Solar Scorecard 2014, last access 29 April 2015
- Trina Solar - Top Global PV Manufacturer for Environmental and Social Commitments, last access 30 April 2015