Trinder glucose activity test
The Trinder glucose activity test is a diagnostic test used in medicine to determine the presence of glucose or glucose oxidase. The test employs the Trinder reagent, and is a colour change test resulting from the Trinder reaction.
The Trinder reagent, named after P. Trinder of the Biochemistry Department of the Royal Infirmary in Sunderland (see the article listed in further reading), comprises an aminoantipyrine (such as 4-aminoantipyrine) and phenol (p-hydroxybenzene).
The Trinder reaction is the reaction between hydrogen peroxide and the phenol and aminoantipyrine to form a quinone (quinoneimine), catalyzed by the presence of a peroxidase (such as horseradish peroxidase). The hydrogen peroxide is itself produced by an initial reaction where the glucose is oxidised in the presence of the glucose oxidase catalyst into H2O2 and gluconic acid.
- That Tjien Ngo (1988). Nonisotopic immunoassay. Plenum Press. p. 71.
- F. Yamagishi, T. Stanford, and C. van Ast (2001). "Biosensors From Conductive Polymer Transducers and Sol-Gel Encapsulated Bioindicator Molecules". In Michael Alan Butler, P. Vanýsek, and Noboru Yamazoe. Chemical and biological sensors and analytical methods II: proceedings of the international symposium. The Electrochemical Society. p. 223. ISBN 9781566773515.
- Arvind Kumar, Rajiv Kr. Mishra, & Sudhanshu S. Roy (2004). "Studies on Impact of Industrial Pollution on Biochemical and Histological Changes in a Catfish, Mystus vittatus (Bloch)". In Arvind Kumar. Industrial Pollution & Management. APH Publishing. p. 9. ISBN 9788176487740.
- Carlos G. Dosoretz and Gary Ward (2006). "Peroxidases". In Ashok Pandey, Colin Webb, Carlos Ricardo Soccol, and Christian Larroche. Enzyme technology. Springer. p. 410. ISBN 9780387292946.
- J.R. Woodward (1990). "Biochemistry and Applications of Alcohol Oxidase from Methylotrophic Yeasts". In Geoffrey A. Codd, Lubbert Dijkhuizen, and F. Robert Tabita. Autotrophic microbiology and one-carbon metabolism. Kluwer Academic Publishers. p. 219. ISBN 0-7923-0656-2.
- P. Gregorini, K. J. Soder, and R. S. Kensinger (2009). "Effects of rumen fill on short-term ingestive behavior and circulating concentrations of ghrelin, insulin, and glucose of dairy cows foraging vegetative micro-swards". J. Dairy Sci. (American Dairy Science Association) 92 (5): 2095–2105. doi:10.3168/jds.2008-1803. PMID 19389967.
- P. Trinder (March 1969). "Determination of blood glucose using an oxidaseperoxidase system with a non-carcinogenic chromogen". J. Clin. Path. 22 (2): 158–161. doi:10.1136/jcp.22.2.158. PMC 474026. PMID 5776547.
- Mary Starnes Saunders and William J. French (August 1983). "Enzyme-Linked Immunosorbent Assays for Detection of Xylem-Limited Bacteria: Use of Trinder Reagent". Applied and Environmental Microbiology (American Society for Microbiology) 46 (2): 344–347. PMC 239384. PMID 16346360.
|This biochemistry article is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|
|This medical diagnostic article is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|