Trinidad State Junior College
A view of part of the campus.
|President||Dr. Carmen Simone|
|Location||Trinidad and Alamosa, Colorado, United States|
Founded in 1925, Trinidad State Junior College is a two-year college located in Trinidad, Colorado, United States, with a secondary satellite campus located in Alamosa, Colorado. The school offers 49 degree programs in academic or vocational fields.
TSJC has an enrollment of about 1,800 students on two campuses. The school offers courses in many diverse areas, including gunsmithing, aquaculture, cosmetology, electrical line tech, welding and nursing, as well as traditional arts and sciences subjects like English, biology and chemistry.
As a member of the NJCAA, TSJC offers numerous athletic programs, including men's baseball, men's basketball, women's basketball, women's softball, women's volleyball, men's and women's soccer, and golf. The school's athletic mascot is the Trojan.
- Franklin Clarke, former All-Pro player for the Dallas Cowboys
- Mark Grudzielanek, former professional baseball player All-Star with multiple teams including the Montreal Expos and the Los Angeles Dodgers
- Spencer Haywood, former Olympian and professional basketball player with the Denver Rockets and the Seattle SuperSonics
- Danny Jackson, former two-time baseball National League All-Star
- Cody Jones, former football player for the Los Angeles Rams
- Larry Walton, former football player for the Detroit Lions
- Gary Weaver, former football player for the Green Bay Packers
|This article about a university or college in Colorado is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|