Trinity Catholic High School, Woodford Green
|Type||Comprehensive voluntary aided school|
|DfE URN||102860 Tables|
|Colours||Navy Blue, Red|
Trinity Catholic High School is a co-educational, Catholic comprehensive school located in Woodford Green, Greater London, England. It is split between two sites, with Upper Site (Main Site) on Mornington Road and the Lower Site on Sydney Road. Upper Site is split into different houses: Trinity House, Keswick House, Rackham House, Monteluce House, Pelham House, Grainger House, St Joseph's House, Vincent House and Becket House. Lower Site is just one building, but with a remote science laboratory in the playground called the Padua Centre (named after St Anthony of Padua). There are approximately 1750 pupils, with each year of 240 pupils divided into eight form classes. For over 30 years, the Headmaster has been Dr Paul C. Doherty. The school's motto is based on Christ's maxim: "Love each other as we love ourselves". The two directors of site are Mr. Matthew Dalton and Mr. James Cantwell. The school was formed after the amalgamation of two schools in 1976, Holy Family Convent School (now Upper Site) and St Paul's Catholic Secondary School (now Lower Site).
- The school has been judged as Outstanding, grade 1, by Ofsted on five Occasions.
- In 2009 Ofsted Report Trinity was once again rated 1 – outstanding.
- In 1997 Her Majesty’s Chief Inspector for schools in his annual report described Trinity as Grade 1 – "an outstandingly successful school".
- In May 1999, the Department for Education and Employment (DFEE) nominated Trinity Catholic High School as a "Beacon School" to show good practice both locally and nationally.
- Her Majesty’s Chief Inspector – 2000 annual report – Trinity Catholic High School has again been nominated as an outstanding school. In March 2006 Ofsted again judged the school to be Grade 1 – outstanding.
- As reported in Bucks Free Press, a UK Publication, Dominic Yeatman states the following: "OUTSTANDING is the verdict returned by inspectors in Trinity Catholic High School's first Ofsted report for six years. The school in Mornington Road, Woodford Green, scored maximum possible marks in 22 out of 25 categories with an inspection team who spent two days in the school at the start of this month. In their report, inspectors wrote: "There is a clear vision and a hunger for improvement, building on the school's record of outstanding success. The outstanding and consistent leadership of the headmaster over a quarter of a century is complemented by the exceptional management of senior and middle leaders." The report noted that a high proportion of students gained the highest grades at GCSE and that progress made by students who joined the sixth form with lower grades was particularly good. Headteacher Paul Doherty wrote: "My warmest congratulations to all for a marvellous and truly outstanding outcome."
- Current head of Ofsted, Michael Wilshaw, was previously a deputy head at the school.
Notable former pupils
|Kele Okereke||1981||Musician, Bloc Party|
|Tamzin Outhwaite||1970||Award Winning Actress, EastEnders, Sweet Charity (2009 revival), Grease, Oliver|
|Matt Ward||1972||Grammy and Brit Award Nominated Record Producer/Songwriter Christina Milian, Mutya Buena, The Saturdays|
|Gary Lucy||1981||Actor, The Bill|
|Matt Harrold||1984||Footballer, Wycombe Wanderers FC|
|Darel Russell||1980||Footballer, Norwich City F.C.|
|Louise Lombard||1970||Actress, The House of Elliot, NCIS, CSI|
|Christine Ohuruogu||1984||Athlete, 400 metres|
|Peta Todd||1986||Glamour model|
|James 'Arg' Argent||1987||Actor, The Only Way Is Essex|
|Nicholas Browne||1991||Cricketer, Essex CCC|
|Catherine Dalton||1992||Cricketer, Middlesex, Ireland|
|Dan Lawrence||1997||Cricketer, Essex CCC|
- "School Details" (PDF). Retrieved 1 November 2013.
- http://www.ofsted.gov.uk/publications/annualreport[permanent dead link]
- Ofsted.gov.uk: Trinity Catholic High School, 2006
- Doherty, P.C. "Letter to Parents dated 18 October 2013". Retrieved 16 January 2016.