Tripcombi, founded in 2012, as Tripdelta, is an online startup. Free for users, it is a flight search engine that enables travelers to find airfares globally from different online travel agencies and airlines. It does this by using hidden flight routing and hidden city ticketing techniques. Tripdelta's tactics include combining two separate ticket bookings, searching airfares on low-cost carriers, and booking passengers in the airports close to their place of departure and their intended destination. In March 2015, Tripdelta took part in the third batch of the Microsoft Ventures Accelerator in Berlin. The company is based in Cologne, Germany and was recently voted as one of "Germany's Top 25 Hottest Young Companies" by the newspaper Horizont.
Fareportal buys German travel search engine TripCombi in 2016.
- Pinola, Melanie. "Tripdelta Finds Cheaper Flights Through "Secret" Airport Routes". Lifehacker.com. Retrieved 9 August 2017.
- Rampen, Julia (2 December 2015). "The secret airports that could save you hundreds on your flights". Mirror.co.uk. Retrieved 9 August 2017.
- Berlin Accelerator Kicks Off Batch 3 with 8 Diverse Startups
- "Start-ups: Das sind die 25 heißesten jungen Unternehmen aus Deutschland". Horizont.net. Retrieved 2016-01-12.
- "Fareportal buys German travel search engine TripCombi". tnooz. Retrieved 25 September 2017.
|This corporation or company article is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|