This article needs additional citations for verification. (November 2012) (Learn how and when to remove this template message)
|Main ingredients||Offal (Tripe)|
Middle East and Southeastern Europe
In Greek cuisine, tripe soup is known as patsas (πατσάς).
In Croatian cuisine, it is known as Fileki, Tripice or Vampi.
In Czech cuisine, tripe soup is heavily spiced with paprika, onions and garlic resulting in very distinct spicy goulash-like flavour. The Czech name is drštková polévka, often shortened to drštkovka.
In German cuisine, there are a number of different versions of sour tripe soup from southern parts of the country, including Bavaria, Saxony and Swabia. Seasonings include lard, onions, garlic, meat broth, wine vinegar, bay leaf, salt, and pepper. In the nineteenth century in parts of the German Empire that are now Poland (like Silesia), "Flaki" was a street food. The tripe was cooked with long bones, celery root, parsley root, onions, and bay leaf. The tripe was then sliced, breaded and fried, and returned to the broth with some vinegar, marjoram, mustard, salt, and pepper.
In Hungarian cuisine, tripe soup is called pacalleves or simply pacal. Pacalpörkölt is a tripe soup heavily spiced with paprika.
In Slovak cuisine, it's known as držková polievka.
Western and Southern Europe
In Italian cuisine, trippa alla fiorentina is a traditional dish of the Florence and trippa alla milanese or busecca is a traditional dish of Milan. Caldume (Italian) or quarumi (Sicilian) is a Sicilian dish of veal tripe stewed with vegetables, served as a street food in Palermo and Catania.
North and South America
East and Southeast Asia
- Dana Facaros, Linda Theodorou, Greece, Cadogan Guides, p. 110
- Heidi Johansen, Fodor's Mexico 2010, p. 443
- Annie Kay, Bulgaria, Bradt Travel Guides, 2015, p. 57
- DK Eyewitness Travel Guide: Istanbul, 2014, p. 199
- "Traditional Vegetarian Russian Cabbage Soup (Shchi)". about.com. Retrieved 23 March 2018.
- "8 Unusual Foods You Must Try In Iran". Traveldudes.org. SurfIran. 2017-03-02. Retrieved 2018-10-22.
- Christian Pancaro, La "Quarume", antico piatto dello street food palermitano", La Gazzetta Palermitana, 26 November 2014 full text
- Whitmarsh, A.; Wood, M. (2013). Jakarta: 25 Excursions in and Around the Indonesian Capital. Tuttle Publishing. p. 119. ISBN 978-1-4629-0893-6. Retrieved October 1, 2016.