Triple Point Technology
|Industry||Commodity and enterprise risk management software|
|Headquarters||Westport, Connecticut, USA|
|Andrea Pignataro, CEO|
Founded in 1993, Triple Point is privately held and headquartered in Westport, Connecticut, United States. Triple Point serves clients in Asia, Africa, Australia, Europe, North America and South America with development and support centers located in Houston, Texas, USA; Stellenbosch, South Africa; Johannesburg, South Africa; Westport, Connecticut, USA; Parsippany, New Jersey, USA; London, United Kingdom; Pune, India; Chennai, India; Sao Paulo, Brazil; Vienna, Austria; Geneva, Switzerland; Newcastle, Australia; Quebec City, Canada and Singapore.
The company provides cloud and on-premises commodity management software that addresses the commodities value chain: buying, selling, trading, and procurement; enterprise risk management; scheduling and logistics; storage; processing; and settlement and accounting. Triple Point's flagship software platform, Commodity XL, integrates physical and financial market requirements for multiple commodities including agriculture, emissions, biofuels, freight, metals, power, coal, gas and oil. Triple Point's software products are used by over 400 commodity trading and energy companies in 35+ countries around the world.
In July 2013, Triple Point Technology was acquired by Dublin-based ION Investment Group, owners of ION Trading Technologies and Wall Street Systems, for approximately
$900 million in cash.
||This article appears to contain a large number of buzzwords. (January 2016)|
Commodity XL is Triple Point's multi-market commodity trading and enterprise risk management platform.
In 2011, Triple Point acquired mining software provider QMASTOR.
In December 2007, Triple Point's trading and risk software system became SAP endorsed.
- "Triple Point Technology, Inc.: Private Company Information — BusinessWeek".
- "Triple Point Technology, Inc.".
- "Westport's Triple Point Technology Sold for $900M - WestportNow.com - Westport, Connecticut". www.westportnow.com. Retrieved 2016-10-18.
- "Triple Point Technology Acquires QMASTOR".
- "Triple Point Technology's Commodity Trading and Risk Software System Becomes a SAP-Endorsed Business Solution".
- Triple Point Technology website
- Sustainable Profits, Manageable Risk – Michael Schwartz, Triple Point’s Chief Marketing Officer, discusses with EnergyPulse why, in today’s environment of global resource constraints and rising price volatility, companies wishing to achieve sustainability require systems like Commodity XL
- The Five Cs of Counterparty Credit Risk - In a punishing market for those who improperly handle risk, these tenets of credit risk management can be the difference between success and failure.
- Freight Rate Volatility Churns Like a Raging Sea: Those caught off guard get a proper burial at sea – Triple Point discusses with The Baltic why supply chain solutions must be market based to successfully manage sharp commodity price and freight rate volatility.
- Trade and Commodity Management