Tripping Over intertitle
|Created by||Andrew Knight|
|Directed by||Sam Miller|
|Country of origin||Australia|
|No. of seasons||1|
|No. of episodes||6|
|Executive producer(s)||Andrew Knight|
|Running time||45 min.|
|Production company(s)||Corner Stone Films|
|Original network||Network Ten (Australia)|
Channel 5 (UK)
|Original release||25 October – 29 November (Australia)|
30 October –
4 December 2006 (UK)
Tripping Over is a British/Australian six-part drama series. Its first episode aired on Network Ten in Australia on 25 October 2006, and in the United Kingdom on Five on 30 October 2006. In the UK Tripping Over is repeated on Five Life.
The show is about three friends in London and two friends in Sydney, neither group knows each other but their parents do. They both take flights to each other's countries, and the two groups meet at the stop-over in Bangkok, where a tragic event changes their lives.
The series then follows the two groups of friends as they continue on their trips to each other's countries and back home. The programme focuses on the major life changes that occur during the mid-twenties, and how choices made here can affect a person's life for many years to come.
- Alexandra Moen (Tamsin Dalgliesh)
- Daniel MacPherson (Ned Frost)
- Abe Forsythe (Nic Kirkh)
- Leon Ockenden (Callum)
- Kathryn Drysdale (Lizzie)
- Oliver Chris (Sam)
- Rebecca Gibney (Lydia)
- Lisa McCune (Annabel)
- Paul McGann (Jeremy Frost)
- Brooke Satchwell (Felicity)
- Ramon Tikaram (Jim/Robbie)
- Nicholas Bell (James Frost)
- Jacek Koman (Magnus)
- Conceived in 2003 by Andrew Knight and Andrea Denholm, who discussed the idea with Mike Bullen while on a weekend trip. Knight and Denholm wanted to make a series about the difference between backpacking in 1976 and 2006.
- Filmed from 8 May to 11 August 2006.
|This article relating to United Kingdom television is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|
|This article about a television show originating in Australia is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|