|This article needs additional citations for verification. (May 2014)|
Seal of Trisakti University
|Motto||Become A Leading University, International Quality in Developing Knowledge Science, Technology and The Arts to Improve Quality of Life and Civilization.|
|Established||November 29, 1965|
|Rector||Prof. Dr. Thoby Mutis|
|1.019 staffs (2005)|
|Students||30,000 students (2005)|
|Colors||Blue ‹See Tfm›|
Baperki University (1958–1962)
Trisakti University in the early years was named University Baperki established by organization officials Baperki in 1958.
Res Publika University (1962–1965)
The name University Res Publica is taken from a presidential address delivered by President Soekarno, which means "For the Public Interest".
Trisakti University (1965 onwards)
At the beginning, there were five faculties at Trisakti University:
- Faculty of Engineering with five departments (Mechanical Engineering, Electrical Engineering, Civil Engineering, Architecture and Fine Arts),
- Faculty of Dentistry,
- Faculty of Medicine,
- Faculty of Economics with two subjects (Economics and Accounting),
- Faculty of Law and Knowledge Society.
Trisakti University has several campuses and nine faculties:
- Faculty of Law
- Faculty of Medical Sciences
- Faculty of Dentistry
- Faculty of Economics
- Faculty of Civil Engineering and Planning
- Faculty of Industrial Technology
- Faculty of Mineral Technology
- Faculty of Landscape Architecture and Environmental Technology
- Faculty of Arts and Design
The Trisakti shootings (Indonesian: Tragedi Trisakti [ˈtraɡədi triˈsaʔti], literally "Trisakti Tragedy") occurred at Trisakti University on 12 May 1998. At a demonstration demanding President Suharto's resignation, soldiers opened fire on unarmed protestors. Four students were killed and dozens more were injured. The shootings contributed to widespread student unrest and rioting during the Indonesian Revolution of 1998, which led to the resignation of President Suharto.
In June 1966, Trisakti University began using the symbol of a trident which was decided after holding a contest. The symbol is a refinement by Eko Purwoto, who was assigned to make improvements to the designs that came from the contest.
The trident logo covers:
- Political sovereignty
- Governmental economy
- Private Indonesian culture