|Years active||1990s - current|
|Labels||Raven, Mercury, Valley Entertainment, Rhythmic Records|
Trish Murphy grew up in Houston, Texas, the daughter of a struggling musician and songwriter. After earning a Bachelor's Degree in philosophy at the University of Dallas, she formed a duo—Trish and Darin—with her brother Darin Murphy and performed in Houston for several years in the early 1990s. In 1996, Murphy relocated to Austin, releasing her recording Crooked Mile independently in 1997. In 1998 and 1999, Murphy performed as part of the Lilith Fair tour. Murphy released the recording, Rubies on the Lawn on Doolittle/Mercury Records in 1999. A live recording, Captured was released independently in 2001.
Murphy has performed twice at the Austin City Limits Music Festival.
Murphy made her 2005 record release, Girls Get In Free following a sabbatical from performing and a period of personal difficulties. This record's CD release party benefitted GENAustin, a non-profit outreach program that helps middle-school-aged girls develop strong self-esteem. Murphy is also a member of GENAustin's Board of Directors.
- Crooked Mile, Rhythmic Records, 1998
- Rubies on the Lawn, Doolittle/Mercury Records, 1999
- Captured, Raven, 2001
- Girls Get In Free, Valley Entertainment, 2005
- WOOD, VIRGINIA B. (May 12, 2006). "Musicians on the Menu". Austin Chronicle. Retrieved 29 April 2013.
- ""Girls Get In Free" is the fourth album for Austin singer/songwriter Trish Murphy.". valley-entertainment. Retrieved 29 April 2013.
- Official Trish Murphy site, includes photos, songs and recipes
- Interview with Trish Murphy by Bill Vordenbaum
- Trish Murphy article on the official Lillith Fair site
- GENAustin website