Trisha Donnelly (born April 22, 1974 in San Francisco) is a contemporary artist who is particularly well known as a conceptual artist. Donnelly works with various media including photography, drawing, audio, video, sculpture and performance. Donnelly is also a Clinical Associate Professor of Studio Art at New York University. She currently lives and works in San Francisco, California.
Trisha Donnelly was born on 22 April 1974 in San Francisco, California. In 1995 Donnelly received a bachelor's degree in Fine Arts from the University of California in Los Angeles. In 2000 she attained a Masters in Fine Arts from Yale University.
Donnelly has been on the faculty at New York University's Steinhardt School of Culture, Education, and Human Development since 2008. She is a Clinical Associate Professor of Studio Art.
In 2012, Donnelly was the tenth artist to curate Artist's Choice, an exhibition curated by artists of artworks from the permanent collection of the Museum of Modern Art. In the exhibition, "she was after 'striking voices'" she couldn't let go of, "'paths of encounters and building poetic structures... images that go beyond images themselves."' The exhibition included works by artists such as Eliot Porter, Joe Goode, Gertrude Kasebier, Wendy Carlos, and John Whitney. The audio guide provided for the show was art historian Robert Rosenblum discussing MoMA's 1989 Picasso retrospective. Donnely explained, "The feeling when listening to these audio guides was, this was a great work of art... or work of whatever, work of another entity, or another state and dimension, existing... [They] are so beautiful... It's like the Taj Mahal of languages, building it himself. By the end, I don't need the exhibition at all. I'm awash in this ocean of his funny, brilliant voice." 
Select solo exhibitions
- Casey Kaplan gallery, New York, USA (2002)
- Air de Paris, Paris, France (2002)
- Casey Kaplan gallery, New York, USA (2004)
- The Wrong Gallery, New York, USA (2004)
- Kölnischer Kunstverein, Cologne, Germany (2005)
- Art Pace, San Antonio, USA
- Kunsthalle Zürich, Zurich, Switzerland (2005)
- Trisha Donnelly, Modern Art Oxford, Oxford, UK (2007)
- Trisha Donnelly, Institute of Contemporary Art, Philadelphia, USA (2008)
- The Renaissance Society, Chicago, USA (2008)
- Bologna Museum of Modern Art, Bologna, Italy (2009) 
- Portikus, Frankfurt am Main, Germany (2010)
- Casey Kaplan gallery, New York, USA (2010)
- Air de Paris, Paris, France (2010)
- Les Rencontres d'Arles, France. Exhibition and Discovery Award laureate (2010)
- Galerie Eva Presenhuber, Zurich, Switzerland (2013)
- Artist's Choice, Museum of Modern Art, New York, USA (2013)
- San Francisco Museum of Modern Art, San Francisco, USA (2013)
- Trisha Donnelly, Serpentine Galleries (2014)
Select group exhibitions
- The World as a Stage (2007)
- Venice Biennale (2011 and 2013)
- Documenta 13 (2012)
- One on One (2012 and 2013) 
Donnelly's work can be found in a number of public collections, including:
In 2010 Donnelly was awarded with the LUMA Foundation Photography Prize. In his 2012 Review "The Best of the Basement", critic Jerry Saltz recognized Donnelly as "a rare case of artistic love at first sight". 
- Cotter, Suzanne. "What's On: Trisha Donnelly", Modern Art Oxford, Retrieved 5 October 2014.
- "Trisha Donnelly - Faculty Bio", New York University, Retrieved 5 October 2014.
- "Donnelly", Casey Kaplan Gallery, Retrieved 5 October 2014.
- "Artist's Choice: Trisha Donnelly", Museum of Modern Art, Retrieved 5 October 2014.
- Saltz, Jerry "The Best of the Basement" New York Magazine online, December 9, 2012.
- Russeth, Andrew (3 December 2013). "Voice Over: Trisha Donnelly on Her 'Artist's Choice' Show at MoMA". Observer. Retrieved 25 February 2016.
- Lovatt, Anna. "Wavelength: On Drawing and Sound in the Work of Trisha Donnelly", Tate Papers, Retrieved 5 October 2014.
- "ICA - Trisha Donnelly", Institute of Contemporary Art Philadelphia, Retrieved 5 October 2014.
- The Renaissance Society
- "Trisha Donnelly". caseykaplangallery. Retrieved 12 April 2016.
- "Artist's Choice: Trisha Donnelly in the Making", Museum of Modern Art, Retrieved 5 October 2014.
- "New Work: Trisha Donnelly", San Francisco Museum of Modern Art, Retrieved 5 October 2014.
- "Trisha Donnelly", Serpentine Galleries, Retrieved 5 October 2014.
- "One on One". One on One.
- "Trisha Donnelly", Tate, Retrieved 5 October 2014.
- "Trisha Donnelly - Collections", Walker Art Center, Retrieved 5 October 2014.
- Saltz, Jerry "The Best of the Basement" New York Magazine Online, December 9, 2012.
- Trisha Donnelly at NYU
- Casey Kaplan gallery
- Air de Paris