|Founded by||Conrad Pla|
Ron Di Cecco
|Primary trainers||Firas Zahabi|
|Training facilities||Montreal, Quebec|
The Tristar Gym is a mixed martial arts training centre located in Le Triangle Borough in Montreal, Quebec, Canada. Instructors at the gym include Firas Zahabi, Conrad Pla and Georges St-Pierre. Tristar Gym is one of the top professional MMA training camps.
The gym was established in 1991 by Conrad Pla, Michel Lavallée and Ron Di Cecco. The three owners was the basis for the name of the gym. Alexandre Choko joined the gym as a trainer in 1992 and eventually bought the gym in 2001. In 2008 he sold the gym to Firas Zahabi. Zahabi had become Georges St-Pierre’s main coach after GSP’s loss to Matt Serra (UFC 69). In addition to being the current owner Zahabi is also the head coach at the gym.
- Georges St-Pierre - Former UFC Middleweight Champion, Former UFC Welterweight Champion, 9 title defenses (13 title summary - the most ever)
- Rory MacDonald - Former Bellator Welterweight champion, Former UFC #2 Welterweight Contender, Former UFC Welterweight Title Challenger
- Kenny Florian - Former UFC 2-Time Lightweight and Featherweight Title Challenger
- Kevin Lee - Former UFC Interim Lightweight Title Challenger
- Johnny Walker - Current UFC Light Heavyweight
- Miguel Torres - Former WEC Bantamweight Champion, 3 title defenses
- Hatsu Hioki
- David Loiseau - Former UFC Middleweight Title Contender
- Denis Kang - 2006 Pride Welterweight Grand Prix Runner-Up
- Robert Whittaker - Former UFC Middleweight Champion
- Tom Watson
- Andy Main
- Nick Denis
- John Makdessi - Current UFC Lightweight
- Ivan Menjivar
- Yves Jabouin
- Mark Boček
- Francis Carmont - Current Bellator Light Heavyweight
- Rick Hawn
- Anthony Smith
- Mike Ricci
- Ryan Ford
- Alex Garcia - Current UFC Welterweight
- Olivier Aubin-Mercier - Former UFC Lightweight
- Joseph Duffy - Current UFC Lightweight
- Kajan Johnson
- Randa Markos - Current UFC W's Strawweight
- Sage Northcutt - Current ONE Welterweight
- Tom Breese
- Nordine Taleb - Current UFC Welterweight
- Chad Laprise
- Joanne Calderwood - Current UFC W's Flyweight
- Stevie Ray (MMA) - Current UFC Lightweight
- Arnold Allen (fighter) - Current UFC Featherweight
- Mickey Gall - Current UFC Welterweight
- Aiemann Zahabi - Current UFC Bantamweight
- Vitor Belfort - Former UFC Light Heavyweight Champion
- Jonathan Meunier - Former UFC Welterweight
- Myles Jury - Former UFC Featherweight
- Elias Theodorou - Former UFC Middleweight
- Mirsad Bektic- Current UFC Featherweight
- Ryan Hall - Current UFC Featherweight
- "Tristar Gym Montreal - Home of Champions - Official Site". tristargym.com. Retrieved 17 January 2014.
- Hannoun, Farah (August 6, 2019). "Tyron Woodley says he'll train with Georges St-Pierre, Firas Zahabi at Tristar Gym". MMA Junkie. Retrieved February 20, 2020.
- Andrews, Kenai (September 18, 2013). "MMA Crossfire Conversations - Future of Boxing author Alexandre Choko". Canada.com. Retrieved February 20, 2020.
- Cowan, Stu (June 2, 2016). "Stu Cowan: Montreal's Tristar Gym becomes MMA training mecca". Montreal Gazette. Retrieved February 20, 2020.
- Borges, Ron (April 15, 2012). "To Alexandre Choko, 'Future' bright". Boston Herald. Retrieved February 20, 2020.
- Presley, Richard (October 19, 2019). "Firas Zahabi". Attack the Back. Retrieved February 20, 2020.
- "UFC 210: Myles Jury Pre-Fight Interview on Move to Montreal, Featherweight & More". mma-core.com. April 7, 2017. Retrieved February 14, 2018.
- "Elias Theodorou hoping to learn from past mistakes". torontosun.com. June 15, 2016. Retrieved February 14, 2018.
- "RYAN HALL "THE WIZARD"". sherdog.com. Retrieved January 10, 2020.
|This article related to mixed martial arts is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|