This article needs additional citations for verification. (September 2014) (Learn how and when to remove this template message)
Triton Digital, LLC, formerly Triton Media Group, is a digital audio technology and advertising company based in Los Angeles. The group is owned by Vector Capital and works with audio publishers in over 35 countries including brands such as Pandora, Spotify, iHeartRadio, AccuRadio, CBS Radio, and ESPN Radio.
Triton Digital technology connected audio supply to advertising demand since 2006, providing the technical backbone for the digital audio marketplace. The company’s technology enables both live and on-demand publishers to build audience and revenue.
Triton announced a partnership to resell Slipstream Radio in 2008. Triton Digital acquired Ando Media in September 2009. Ando Media was founded in 2004 in Denver, Colorado. Ando developed software to audience measurement metrics for Internet radio, competing with the major firm Arbitron by 2006. In 2011 Ernst & Young named Schore (chief executive of Triton Media at the time) entrepreneur of the year for Los Angeles area advertising companies. In April 2011, the Media Rating Council accredited Triton's Webcast Metrics product. In January 2013 Triton Digital marketed an online auction system for radio advertisements called a2x. In 2015 Triton Digital was acquired by Vector Capital. In June 2017,Triton launched Yield-Op Supply Side Platform (SSP) for online audio.
In September 2009, Triton Media Group acquired Ando Media, a company which developed products for internet radio and the content delivery industry that assisted stations in monetizing their audience. These products include Webcast Metrics (audience measurement), Ad Injector (ad injection prior to or into a stream including impression measurement), and PodLoc (creates podcasts of any audio on the fly and make available for download as well as measurement). Ando Media had been formed in 2004 by a software company, Ando Media, Inc. and Aritaur Communications, Inc. an owner of radio stations and Internet related ventures.
E. W. Scripps Company
In October 17, 2018, the E. W. Scripps Company announced its intention to acquire Triton Digital for $150 million in cash. If approved, the sale is expected to close by the end of 2018. Scripps will continue to run Triton as a separate entity.
- "Vector Capital - Investments - Triton Digital". www.vectorcapital.com.
- "Triton Digital - Customers". Triton Digital.
- Alex Pham (October 11, 2011). "Triton Digital capitalizes on radio industry's sea change". Los Angeles Times. Retrieved October 16, 2013.
- Triton Media Group, LLC (January 4, 2007). "Notice of Sale of Securities" (pdf). Form D. US Securities and Exchange Commission. Retrieved October 16, 2013.
- Katy Bachman (September 12, 2008). "Triton, Kurt Hanson to Launch Slipstream Radio". Ad Week. Retrieved October 16, 2013.
- Katy Bachman (September 16, 2009). "Triton Digital Acquires Ando Media". Ad Week. Retrieved October 16, 2013.
- "About Ando Media". Original web site. Archived from the original on February 13, 2004. Retrieved October 16, 2013.
- Marcello Prince (March 21, 2006). "Internet Radio Stations Disagree Over How to Count Listeners". The Wall Street Journal. Retrieved October 16, 2013.
- "Seven Southland executives win entrepreneur of the year awards". Los Angeles Times. June 22, 2011. Retrieved October 16, 2013.
- "EY Entrepreneur Of The Year 2011 Greater Los Angeles Award winners announced". Press release. Ernst & Young. June 22, 2011. Retrieved October 16, 2013.
- "Triton Digital Media's Webcast Metrics Achieves Media Rating Council Accreditation". Press release. April 7, 2011. Retrieved October 16, 2013.
- Suzanne Vranica (April 28, 2013). "Old Media, New Tricks: Radio and Outdoor Companies Turn to Online Auction System to Sell Digital Ads". Wall Street Journal. Retrieved October 16, 2013.
- "Triton Digital Introduces a2x, An Audience-Based Programmatic Buying Solution For Online Audio". All Access Media Group. January 17, 2013. Retrieved October 16, 2013.
- "Triton Digital launches platform to simplify management of audio advertising inventory". Arab News. 2017-06-29. Retrieved 2017-11-17.
- Scripps Acquires Triton Digital - Radio Insight (published October 17, 2018)
- "Deezer audio ads now available via Triton Digital". PPC Land. 2018-12-13. Retrieved 2018-12-13.
|This United States media company article is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|