Trixie is a generally derogatory slang term referring to a young urban white woman, typically single and in her late 20s or early 30s. The term originated during the 1990s in Chicago, Illinois. The term was further popularized by a satirical website dedicated to the Lincoln Park Trixie Society, a fictional social club based in Chicago's upscale Lincoln Park neighborhood.
Trixies are described as "social climbing, marriage-minded, money-hungry young ladies that seem to flock to the upwardly-mobile neighborhood of Lincoln Park." Another description calls them "the women with Kate Spade bags for every day of the week; the ex-sorority girls still lusting after big, dumb jocks; the women who go to law school to find husbands." The stereotypical counterparts of Trixies, and the men they usually end up marrying, are referred to in slang as "Chads".
According to National Geographic, the Trixie stereotype describes a "blond, late-twenties woman with a ponytail who works in PR or marketing, drives a black Jetta, gets manicures and no-foam skim lattes." Trixies typically also have a dog (a pug, puggle or shiba inu) and know all of the other neighborhood dog owners by their dog's name. Labrador Retrievers are also popular amongst Trixies.
- Nikki Usher (May 20, 2004). "My love-hate affair with Trixies". Chicago Redeye (Tribune Co.). Retrieved July 7, 2009.
- Flak Magazine: Review of The Lincoln Park Trixie Society, 08-20-01
- Kaduk, Kevin. Wrigleyworld: A Season in Baseball's Best Neighborhood (NAL Hardcover, 2006) ISBN 978-0-451-21812-4
- National Geographic Online http://ngm.nationalgeographic.com/ngm/0205/feature7/assignment1.html
- About Trixie (from the Lincoln Park Chad website)
- Lincoln Park Trixie Society Website (archived version)
- Lincoln Park Trixie Society Official Website (Currently inactive)
- Lincoln Park Chad Society Website
-  Review of LPTs on Flakmag.com
|This Chicago-related article is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|
|This sociology-related article is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|