Trofeo EFE is an annual football award given by the EFE news agency since the 1990–91 season to the best Latin-American player in La Liga. Recipients are selected based on assessments from the agency's sports editors.
The inaugural winner was Rommel Fernández and the most recent recipient is Luis Suárez. Iván Zamorano and Brazilian Ronaldo have won the award twice. Fernando Redondo received a special distinction as the best player of the 1990s decade. Cristiano Ronaldo is strangely the only player not hailing from Ibero-America, that somehow managed to win the trophy in 2013. Lionel Messi has dominated the award having won it a record five times, the most in trophy's history.
Wins by player
- LFP Awards
- Don Balón
- Trofeo Alfredo Di Stéfano
- FIFA World Player of the Year
- European Footballer of the Year
- European Golden Boot
- Onze Mondial European Footballer of the Year
- World Soccer Player of the Year
- "Barca's Suarez wins EFE Trophy for best Latin player of 2015". EFE. 29 February 2016. Retrieved 29 February 2016.
- "Ronaldo, ganador del Trofeo EFE". Marca. Retrieved 12 March 2015.
- "Messi recibe el Trofeo EFE como mejor futbolista latinoamericano de la Liga BBVA". Mundo Deportivo. Retrieved 2016-10-31.
- (Spanish) Agencia EFE