From Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
|Look up troglodyte in Wiktionary, the free dictionary.|
Troglodyte may refer to:
- Cave dweller, one who lives in a cave.
- Caveman, a stock character based upon widespread concepts of the way in which early prehistoric humans may have looked and behaved
- Homo troglodytes, an invalid taxon coined by Carl Linnaeus to refer to a legendary creature
- Morlocks, a fictional troglodyte species created by H. G. Wells for his 1895 novel, The Time Machine
- Troglodites, a fictional tribe described in Montesquieu's Persian Letters, supposedly descending from the ancient Troglodytae
- Troglodytae or Troglodyti, an ancient group of people from the African Red Sea coast
- Troglodyte (Dungeons & Dragons), a race of humanoid monsters in the game Dungeons & Dragons
- Troglodyte, a 2009 film also known as Sea Beast
- "Troglodyte (Cave Man)", a funk song by the Jimmy Castor Bunch on their 1972 album It's Just Begun
The form Troglodytes may also refer to:
- Troglodytes (wren), a genus of small bird
- The common chimpanzee, Pan troglodytes
- The Troglodytes, a British band who became known as The Troggs
- Troglodytes (book), a 2010 book by Ed Lynskey
- Max Stones' lavamen workers who mine gold, in a segment from Sealab 2021
- Trog (disambiguation)
- Troglobite, a cave animal
- Troglodistes, a vegetarian sub-group of French rebels in the movie Delicatessen by Director Jean-Pierre Jeunet
- caveman (disambiguation)
|This disambiguation page lists articles associated with the title Troglodyte.
If an internal link led you here, you may wish to change the link to point directly to the intended article.