Bellisario in Manila in 2013
|Born||Troian Avery Bellisario
October 28, 1985
Los Angeles, California, U.S.
|Alma mater||University of Southern California|
|Occupation||Actress, writer, producer|
|Partner(s)||Patrick J. Adams
|Parent(s)||Donald P. Bellisario
Troian Avery Bellisario (/ /; born October 28, 1985) is an American actress, writer and producer. She is the daughter of producers Donald P. Bellisario and Deborah Pratt. Born in Los Angeles, California, Bellisario made her acting debut in her father's 1988 film Last Rites at the age of three. She continued to have roles produces by her father, mainly in television shows such as Quantum Leap, First Monday, and NCIS, and in 1998, she starred in the direct-to-video comedy film Billboard Dad.
Bellisario received praise for her leading performance in the 2010 film Consent, for which she won the Vision Fest Award for Best Acting by a Female Lead and the FirstGlance Philadelphia Award for Best Actress. In 2009, she landed the lead role of Spencer Hastings in the Freeform series Pretty Little Liars (2010-present). For her performance, she has won two Teen Choice Awards out of five nominations. In addition to her work on Pretty Little Liars, Bellisario also starred in the WIGS episode series Lauren, for which she received critical acclaim and won the New York Film Festival Award for Best Performance by an Actress and was nominated for the Streamy Award for Best Female Performance - Drama.
Troian Avery Bellisario was born and raised in Los Angeles, California. Her parents are producers Donald P. Bellisario and Deborah Pratt. Donald P. Bellisario created Magnum, P.I., Quantum Leap, and NCIS, among other TV series. She has a younger brother, three half-sisters, two half-brothers, and is a stepsister of actor Sean Murray and producer Chad W. Murray. Her father is of half Italian and half Serbian descent. Her mother is African-American.
Bellisario attended Campbell Hall School in North Hollywood, California from kindergarten through twelfth grade, where she was the valedictorian of her class. She graduated with a Bachelor of Fine Arts degree from the University of Southern California in 2009.
Bellisario made her acting debut in the 1988 film Last Rites at the age of three. From 1990 to 2007, she guest starred on such television series as Quantum Leap, Tequila and Bonetti, JAG, First Monday and NCIS, television series that were produced by her father Donald P. Bellisario. In NCIS, she played Sarah McGee, sister of Special Agent Timothy McGee, played by her real-life stepbrother Sean Murray.
In 1998, she co-starred with Mary-Kate and Ashley Olsen in the film Billboard Dad. Beginning in 2006, Bellisario began appearing in a number of independent short films namely, Unspoken, Archer House and Intersect. In November 2009, Bellisario was cast as Spencer Hastings in the TV series Pretty Little Liars based on the book series of the same name by Sara Shepard. In October 2011, Bellisario announced she was in the process of writing and creating her own film, which was successfully funded through Kickstarter on November 16, 2011. Filming ended in December 2011 and the film was officially completed by August 2012.
In August 2012, Bellisario appeared alongside Jennifer Beals in the WIGS web episode series, Lauren. Lauren returned on May 3, 2013 for a twelve episode run. In 2015, she was cast in a leading role in the American remake of the French-Canadian film Martyrs. In 2015, Bellisario and fiancée Patrick J. Adams filmed short film We Are Here in Haida Gwaii, which Bellisario wrote and starred in. Bellisario starred in her first biographical feature film, Feed, which she also wrote and produced.
Bellisario started dating Suits star Patrick J. Adams after they met on the set of the play Equivocation in 2009. The couple briefly split, but after Adams' guest appearance on Pretty Little Liars in 2010, the two got back together. Since working on Equivocation and Pretty Little Liars, the couple have also worked together on the 2012 short film The Come Up, Suits and We Are Here. On February 28, 2013, it was confirmed that Bellisario and Adams were engaged.
Bellisario revealed in early January 2014 that she went through personal problems through high school, resulting in an eating disorder and self-harming problems. "I was the youngest daughter, the perfect little girl," she said. "My school was a very intense college prep school. So it was about wanting to please my father and mother and wanting to be perfect to everybody."
|1988||Last Rites||Justin's daughter|
|2007||Archer House||Tatum||Short film|
|2009||Before the Cabin Burned Down||Meg||Short film|
|2010||Peep World||Film set P.A.|
|2011||A November||Girlfriend||Short film|
|2011||Pleased to Meet You||Carson|
|2012||Come Up, TheThe Come Up||Jessica||Short film|
|2012||Joyful Girl||Belle||Short film|
|2013||Exiles||Juliet||Short film; writer and executive producer|
|2013||Immediately Afterlife||Bennett||Short film|
|2015||Surf Noir||Lacey||Short film|
|2015||Still a Rose||Juliet||Short film|
|2016||Chuck Hank and the San Diego Twins||Claire|
|2016||We Are Here||N/A||Post-production; writer|
|2016||Feed||Olivia Grey||Post-production; writer and producer|
|1990||Quantum Leap||Teresa Bruckner||Episode: "Another Mother"|
|1992||Tequila and Bonetti||Teresa Garcia||Episode: "The Rose Cadillac"|
|1998||JAG||Erin Terry||Episode: "Tiger, Tiger"|
|2002||First Monday||Kimberly Baron||2 episodes|
|2005–06||NCIS||Sarah McGee||2 episodes|
|2010–present||Pretty Little Liars||Spencer Hastings||Main cast|
|2014–2015||Suits||Claire Bowden||2 episodes|
|2012–13||Lauren||Sergeant Lauren Weil||Main cast|
|2014||"Pa-gents with Chris Pine"||Cathryn Crest|
|2015||"Instagram Intervention with Troian Bellisario"||Troian|
Awards and nominations
|2010||Vison Fest||Best Acting (Female Lead)||Consent||Won|
|FirstGlance Philadelphia||Best Actress||Won|
|2011||Young Hollywood Awards||Cast to Watch (shared with Ashley Benson, Lucy Hale and Shay Mitchell)||Pretty Little Liars||Won|
|Teen Choice Awards||Choice Summer TV Star: Female||Nominated|
|2012||Teen Choice Awards||Won|
|2013||IAWTV Award||Best Female Performance (Drama)||Lauren||Nominated|
|New York Festivals||Best Performance by an Actress||Won|
|Streamy Award||Best Female Performance (Drama)||Nominated|
|Teen Choice Awards||Choice TV Actress: Drama||Pretty Little Liars||Won|
|2014||Teen Choice Awards||Nominated|
|2015||Teen Choice Awards||Choice Summer TV Star: Female||Nominated|
- "Donald P. Bellisario Biography (1935–)". Filmreference.com. August 8, 1935. Retrieved May 5, 2011.
- Kombert, Alissa (January 18, 2013). "Guess Which Little Liar's Cute Younger Brother This Is (PHOTOS)". Wetpaint. Retrieved June 15, 2013.
- "15 Celebrities Most People Don't Know Are Black". MadameNoire.
- "@fashionchalet painting of the death scene...".
- "Actress Troian Bellisario on GDLA".
- "Right Out of the Gate". Backstage.com.
- "Exclusive Q&A with Pretty Little Liars' Troian Bellisario". J-14. May 6, 2013.
- Troain Bellisario biography, ABC Family.com
- Troian Bellisario on Pretty Little Liars By Fred Topel Published June 10, 2010 – Canmag.com
- Andreeva, Nellie (November 11, 2009). "ABC Family fills comedy, Liars roles". The Hollywood Reporter. Retrieved November 24, 2009.
- Best Inventions of 2010. "Exiles by Troian Bellisario". Kickstarter.com. Retrieved August 24, 2013.
- "Lauren | Season 1 (Feat. Troian Bellisario & Jennifer Beals)". YouTube. Retrieved August 24, 2013.
- "I gave you a sneak peek yesterday but now it's official! S2 of #Lauren with @jenniferbeals returns to @wigs on 5/3!". Twitter. Retrieved April 19, 2013.
- ""Lauren" will return in mid-April".
- "Bailey Noble, who played Adilyn Bellefleur on "True Blood," toplining with "Pretty Little Liars" star Troian Bellisario. Kate Burton (Stay, Big Trouble in Little China) and Blake Robbins (Rubber) round out the cast of Martyrs".
- Barton, Steve (April 3, 2014). "The ‘Martyrs’ Remake Already Has Already Been Filmed". DreadCentral.com. DC. Retrieved April 21, 2014.
- Pamela Tan (March 4, 2013). "Patrick J Adams in Sg: Talks Suits and girlfriend Troian Bellisario".
- on YouTube
- Marinel R. Cruz (February 28, 2013). "‘Pretty Little Liars’ star likens love, fame to ‘thrilling roller-coaster ride’". Philippine Daily Inquirer. Retrieved November 11, 2013.
- "Troian Bellisario Interview - ABC Family's Pretty Little Liars". Cosmopolitan. Retrieved August 24, 2013.
- PEP.ph (February 28, 2013). "Pretty Little Liars star Troian Bellisario on relationship with Patrick J. Adams: "I think we're both very fortunate in that we both fell in love before we got our shows."". PEP.ph. Retrieved February 8, 2016.
- Greenwood, Carl (January 6, 2014). "Pretty Little Liars actress Troian Bellisario opens up about her eating disorder and 'feeling like a fraud'.". Daily Mirror. Retrieved January 7, 2014.
|Wikimedia Commons has media related to Troian Bellisario.|