Troika Design Group
|Headquarters||Hollywood, CA, United States of America|
Troika is a branding and marketing agency based in Hollywood, California that specializes in working with entertainment and media companies.
The studio was founded in 2001 after the closing of Pittard Sullivan, where Troika's original partners Chuck Carey, Dan Pappalardo, and Mark Bohman were employed. Troika's first project was the ABC 2001-2002 primetime identity, which was characterized by its use of yellow and black. In 2003, the Smithsonian's Cooper-Hewitt, National Design Museum included Troika and its work on the ABC 2001-2002 primetime identity in the National Design Triennial.
In 2004, Troika designed the show package ESPN's 25th Anniversary, which went on to win an Emmy Award for Outstanding Graphic Design. The studio has been featured on The New York Times, design blog Motionographer, Lynda.com's Creative Inspirations documentary, Sports Business Journal, and IdN magazine.
Troika’s most recent projects include the relaunch of NBC Sports, College Basketball on ESPN's rebrand, Discovery Channel's Frozen Planet launch campaign, SporTV's rebrand, the launch of Root Sports, and ESPN's College Football rebrand.
- Dale Everett Joins Troika Design Group, retrieved on 2009-01-27.
- 2004 Sports Emmy Nominees, retrieved on 2009-01-27.
- Free to Gain Traction for About $50 Million, retrieved on 2010-06-02.
- Interview: Troika Design Group, retrieved on 2009-01-04.
- Troika Design Group: Creative Inspirations from Lynda.com, retrieved on 2009-01-04.
- Sportsnet Drops Rogers As Part Of Large Rabrand Campaign, retrieved on 2011-09-30.
- Troika Design Group, retrieved on 2008-05-15.
- Comcast Sharpens Network Branding Ahead of London Olympics, retrieved on 2012-07-11.
- ESPN College Basketball, retrieved on 2012-05-11.
- Troika Rebrands Globosat's SporTV, retrieved on 2012-01-24.
- New Look When You Root for your Home Team, retrieved on 2011-03-31.
- Troika: ESPN College Football Rebrand, retrieved on 2010-10-10.
- Goldberg, Lesley (1 April 2013). "AMC Rebrands With New Logo, Tagline". The Hollywood Reporter. Retrieved 2 December 2015.
- NY Times Feature on Troika and The CW Launch, retrieved on 2009-01-28.
- Motionographer Interview with Dan Pappalardo, retrieved in 2009-01-28.