Troll Bends Fir
|Troll Bends Fir
Тролль Гнёт Ель
|Origin||Saint Petersburg, Russia|
|Labels||Kailas Records, Mysteria zvuka, Screaming Banshee, Sound Age|
|Members||Konstantin "Troll" Rumyantsev
Maria "Jetra" Leonova
Sergey "Skjoldy Nemtinov"
Svetlana "Tirend" Sulimova
Aleksey "Ainar" Magin
Andrey "Lukich" Lukin
Troll Bends Fir (Russian: Тролль Гнёт Ель) is a folk metal (previously folk rock) band from Saint Petersburg, Russia. Band members define their style as "beer folk", most lyrics are based on Scandinavian mythology and, as well as the band's image, are related to beer and brewing. TBF has its own recognizable sound combining traditional metal music instruments with violin and Irish whistle.
The band was founded in 1999 by Konstantin "Troll" Rumyantsev (ex-vocalist of Nomans Land) and Maria "Jetra" Leonova. The first demo-recording was brought out in 2003 as a demo for clubs but its success attracted attention of a local label who offered to release the album "Troll Bends Fir". First issue of 5000 copies was sold out in no time.
Due to growing popularity abroad TBF changed their Russian name to "Troll Bends Fir" for use in non-Cyrillic countries, though "Тролль Гнёт Ель" is still used. In 2009 TBF released "1516/Order of the Holy Hop"LP (mastered at Finnvox Studios) that showed their tendency to switch from folk rock to folk metal.
Having about 80 gigs per a year TBF takes part in each of the largest rock and folk festivals in Russia such as Nashestvie, Vozdukh, Dobrofest, Rock Palace. Festivals abroad: Mėnuo Juodaragis (Lithuania), Festival-Mediaval and Tanzt!2012 (Germany), Noc Świętojańska in Wroclaw, Poland.
The band's 5th album "Brothers in Drinks" was released in September 2011 in Germany by "Screaming Banshee" label supported by EMP Merchandising and later in Russia by the main metal label "Sound Age". A bonus track "Humppa is My Neighbour" features guest vocals from Korpiklaani frontman Jonne Järvelä. "Brothers in Drinks" tour included Russia, Belarus, Ukraine, Baltic States.
- Konstantin "Troll" Rumyantsev – vocals, guitars
- Maria "Jetra" Leonova – vocals, Irish whistle
- Sergey "Skjoldy" Nemtinov – bass
- Svetlana "Tirend" Sulimova – violin
- Aleksey "Ainar" Magin – drums
- Andrey "Lukich" Lukin - session drummer
- Anna Fomina - violin
- Boris Senkin - bass
- Aleksey "Elias" Mester - violin
- Aleksey "Alex" Semenov - drums
- Studio albums
- Prazdnik Pohmelyainen (Hangoverlainen Holiday) (2005)
- Konung Hmel (Konung Hop) (2007)
- 1516/Orden Presvetlogo Hmelya (1516/Order of the Holy Hop) (2009)
- Bratya vo Hmelyu (Brothers in Drinks) (2011)
- Khmel'noye Serdtse (Hopheart) (2013)
- Oktoberfest (2010)
- Hoplnir (2011)
- Troll Gnyot Yel (Troll Bends Fir) (2003)
- Music videos
- "Pivovarnya Ulva (Ulv's Brewery)"
- "Ave Celia!" (2012)
- "Humppa is My Neighbour" official making-of (2012)
- "Ass Shaking Dance (Zhopotryas)" (2012)
- ru:Тролль гнёт ель
- Тролль Гнёт Ель - Encyclopaedia Metallum: The Metal Archives
- Concerts. «Troll Bends Fir» — beer-folk-band from Saint-Petersburg, Russia
- Russland-Aktuell - Festival-Mediaval – die russischen Barbaren kommen
- Troll Bends Fir (Тролль Гнёт Ель) - Hoplnir (Хмъельнир) [Tanzt! Festival 2012] - YouTube
- Review: Troll Bends Fir – Brothers in Drinks « Pagan-Magazin
- Troll Bends Fir – ‘Brothers in Drinks’ (2011) | Folk-metal.nl
- No Clean Singing » Humppa ‘Til It Hurts! Troll Bends Fir + Jonne Jarvela (Korpiklaani)