Troller Veículos Especiais
|Founder||Charlie Guth De Grange|
|Headquarters||Horizonte, Ceará, Brazil|
|Rogério Farias, Mário Araripe|
|Owner||Ford Motor Company|
|Parent||Ford Brasil (2007–present)|
Troller Veículos Especiais S/A (Troller) is a manufacturer of off-road vehicles in Brazil. It was founded in 1995 in Horizonte, Ceará, becoming a Ford subsidiary in 2007. Troller's flagship vehicle is the Troller T4 SUV, which has featured successfully in several rally races around the world, including the Dakar Rally.
The Troller company started in 1995, by Rogério Farias. In April 1996, the first prototype was built. In 1997, Troller was bought by the entrepreneur Mário Araripe, who formed a partnership with Rogério Farias, and the first gasoline-powered T4s were built. The mass-production of the vehicles started in 1999, when a factory was built.
In 2014, the Troller T4 received a redesign.
Current model in production
- Troller T4 3.0 Turbodiesel(2004-present)
Former model in production
- Troller Pantanal(2006-2008)
- "Ford to boost Brazilian operation". BBC. 2007-01-04. Retrieved 2007-01-06.
- "História" (SWF) (in Portuguese). Troller. Retrieved 2008-07-14.
This vehicle is not to be mistaken with the Jeep Wrangler TJ, an off-road vehicle produced by Chrysler.
- "Troller" (in Portuguese). Inova UNICAMP. Retrieved 2008-07-14.
- "Troller vai exportar tecnologia" (in Portuguese). Carro e Cia. 2004-10-28. Retrieved 2008-07-14.
- "Troller na Enchente em São Paulo" (in Portuguese). TV Record. 2010-01-05. Retrieved 2012-12-18.