Trolleybuses in Ancona
||This article includes a list of references, related reading or external links, but its sources remain unclear because it lacks inline citations. (August 2011) (Learn how and when to remove this template message)|
|Locale||Ancona, Marche, Italy|
The Ancona trolleybus system (Italian: Rete filoviaria di Ancona) forms part of the public transport network of the city and comune of Ancona, in the Marche region, central Italy. In operation since 1949, the system presently comprises only one urban route.
The route comprising the present Ancona trolleybus system is:
- 1/4 Piazza IV Novembre - Tavernelle
This is an amalgamation of the previous lines 1 and 4. The amalgamated line has the following itinerary: viale della Vittoria, piazza Cavour, piazza Roma, Archi, Ancona railway station, viale Giordano Bruno, piazza Ugo Bassi, via Torresi, Tavernelle (terminus).
The following now retired trolleybuses have been used in Ancona:
- Fiat 668 F/110 (12 trolleybuses, Stanga bodies, nos 1-12), served from 1949-50 to 1983;
- Fiat 668 F/110 (4 trolleybuses, Stanga bodies, nos 13-16), served from 1952-53 to 1983;
- Fiat 2401 (5 trolleybuses, Cansa bodies, nos 17-21), served from 1956-57 to 1987.
Ancona's present trolleybus fleet is made up of only the following two types:
- Menarini F201/2LU (6 trolleybuses, nos 1-6), entered service 1983; rebuilt 2001 with electrical equipment by Albiero & Bocca; nos 2, 5 and 6 withdrawn due to failure;
- Menarini F201/2LU (3 trolleybuses, nos 7-9), entered service 1987; rebuilt 2001 with electrical equipment by Albiero & Bocca; no 9 out of service due to failure.
For 2011, there are plans for the restructuring of the network by raising the voltage to 750 V, the consequent adjustment of the electrical substation, the construction of a new line on the Via Torresi, and the replacement of the existing fleet with a new fleet of four 18 m (59 ft 1 in) articulated trolleybuses, for which tenders have been called.
- Gregoris, Paolo; Rizzoli, Francesco; Serra, Claudio (2003). Giro d'Italia in filobus [Tour of Italy by trolleybus] (in Italian). Cortona: Calosci Editore. ISBN 88-7785-193-7.
Media related to Trolleybuses in Ancona at Wikimedia Commons
- Images of the Ancona trolleybus system, at railfaneurope.net
- Images of the Ancona trolleybus system, at photorail.com
- "Trolleybus city: Ancona (Italien)". Trolleymotion.
- Ancona database / photo gallery and Ancona trolleybus list at Urban Electric Transit – in various languages, including English.
This article is based upon a translation of the Italian language version as at July 2011.