Trolleybuses in Cape Town
Sunbeam trolleybus no. 86 in Cape Town, 1940.
|Locale||Cape Town, South Africa|
|Open||21 December 1935|
|Close||28 February 1964|
|Operator(s)||City Tramways Co Ltd|
The Cape Town trolleybus system was part of the public transport network in Cape Town, South Africa, for nearly 30 years in the mid-twentieth century. The trolleybuses on the system were always referred to by English-speaking locals as "Trackless trams", and even the systems's stops were marked "Trackless Tram Stop".
- Jones, David (2005–2011). "Springbok Bus Roots: the Trackless Trams". Springbok Bus Roots. Retrieved 2 March 2012.
- Coates, R P (1976). Track and Trackless: Omnibuses and Trams in the Western Cape. Cape Town: Struik. ISBN 0-86977-063-2.
- Gill, Fraser (1961). Cape Trams: From Horse to Diesel. Cape Town: Cape Electric Tramways. OCLC 25942319.
- Pabst, Martin (1989). Tram & Trolley in Africa. Krefeld: Röhr Verlag. ISBN 3-88490-152-4. (English) (German)
- Patton, Brian (2004). Double-Deck Trolleybuses of the World: Beyond the British Isles. Brora, Sutherland: Adam Gordon. ISBN 978-1-874422-50-1.
Media related to Trolleybuses in Cape Town at Wikimedia Commons