Trolleybuses in Mexico City
A trolleybus on Division del Norte Street in 2009
|Locale||Mexico City, Mexico|
|Open||9 March 1951|
|Routes||8 (as of mid-2014)|
|Operator(s)||Servicio de Transportes Eléctricos (STE)|
|Electrification||600 V DC|
|Stock||Approx. 360 trolleybuses (2014)|
|Website||Servicio de Transportes Eléctricos (Spanish)|
The system opened on 9 March 1951. As of mid-2014, the system had 8 lines and the operable fleet included around 360 trolleybuses. The total number of trolleybuses scheduled in service in peak periods was 290 in late 2012, but was 264 in mid-2014. The eight routes currently in operation are designated by the following letters: A, CP, D, G, I, K, LL and S.
- Servicio de Transportes Eléctricos – has much more information on the subject
- List of trolleybus systems
- Transportation in Mexico City
- Trolleybus Magazine No. 318 (November–December 2014), p. 159. National Trolleybus Assn. (UK). ISSN 0266-7452.
- Trolleybus Magazine No. 235 (January–February 2001), p. 14. National Trolleybus Assn. (UK). ISSN 0266-7452.
- Morrison, Allen (2010; updated 2014). The Trolleybuses of Latin America in 2014. Retrieved 24 December 2014.
- "Líneas de Trolebuses" (in Spanish). STE. Retrieved 24 December 2014.
Media related to Mexico City trolleybus system at Wikimedia Commons
- Mexico City database / photo gallery and Mexico City trolleybus list at Urban Electric Transit – in various languages, including English.