Trolleybuses in Oldham
|Oldham trolleybus system|
Oldham trolleybus no. 2, 1925.
|Locale||Oldham, Lancashire (now Greater Manchester), England|
|Open||26 August 1925|
|Close||3 September 1926|
When Ashton Corporation decided to replace the trams on its share of this tramway with trolleybuses, it asked Oldham Corporation to do the same. Oldham Corporation agreed, and acquired two trolleybuses, being Oldham's share of a combined order for ten.
The Oldham trolleybus system was closed on 3 September 1926 after just over one year in operation, and was replaced by motor buses. However, the Ashton Corporation continued to run trolleybuses on its section of the route for much longer.,
Neither of the former Oldham trolleybuses is recorded as having survived.
- History of Oldham
- Transport in Oldham
- Trolleybuses in Ashton-under-Lyne
- List of trolleybus systems in the United Kingdom
- Short, Peter. "Former UK systems". British Trolleybus Society. Retrieved 2 April 2012.
- Howarth, Stephen. "Brief History of Oldham Corporation Passenger Transport 1900-1969". Stephen Howarth. Retrieved 8 April 2012.
- Zebedee, John (30 November 2010). "A List of Preserved Trolleybuses in the UK". British Trolleybus Society. Retrieved 8 April 2012.
- Lockwood, Stephen (2010). Manchester & Ashton Trolleybuses. Midhurst, West Sussex, UK: Middleton Press. ISBN 9781906008734.
- Lockwood, Stephen (2011). Trackless to Trolleybus: Trolleybuses in Britain. Brora, Sutherland: Adam Gordon. ISBN 9781874422860.
|Wikimedia Commons has media related to Trolleybuses in the Metropolitan Borough of Oldham.|
- National Trolleybus Archive
- British Trolleybus Society, based in Reading.
- National Trolleybus Association, based in London.
|This article related to bus transport in the United Kingdom is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|
|This article about transport in England is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|