Trolleybuses in Plovdiv
A Van Hool trolleybus in Plovdiv.
|Operator(s)||Градски Tранспорт-Пловдив АД
(Gradski Transport Plovdiv)
|Website||Gradski Transport (Bulgarian)|
Opened in December 1955, the system had waxed and waned in size over time. Template:As of the beginning of, it was made up of only one route. There are current disputes between the operator and the municipality regarding the validity of the trolleybus contract. Gradski Transport Plovdiv is still the operator of this type of transport, despite the numerous infractions of the contract since 2010. In October 2012, because the operator is a private company, the city lost the opportunity to acquire 65 mln lv EU funding for purchasing approximately 100 brand-new trolleybuses.The system was officially closed on 1 October 2012 although some trolleybuses continued operation for a few more weeks.Currently there is no trolleybus movement and the municipality has issued an order for dismantling the overhead network.
- 3 ТК "Марица" (TC "Maritza") – ЕАЗ (EAZ)
As of 2012[update], the Plovdiv trolleybus fleet had 47 trolleybuses:
- ZiU-9 - 2 units;
- Škoda 14Tr - 23 units;
- Škoda 9Tr - 1 units;
- Van Hool AG280T - 11 units (ex-Ghent trolleybus system – imported 2009);
- Saurer / Hess GT560 - 10 units (ex-St. Gallen trolleybus system – imported 2009).
- "Общината с ултиматум за контактната мрежа на тролеите". Darik News website (in Bulgarian). Darik News. Retrieved 7 January 2013.
- ""Градски транспорт" АД: Тролейбусна линия № 3" [Gradski Transport AP: Trolley line № 3]. GT Plovdiv website (in Bulgarian). GT Plovdiv. Retrieved 20 January 2012.
Media related to Trolleybuses in Plovdiv at Wikimedia Commons
- Trolleybus city: Plovdiv (Bulgarien) at Trolleymotion (English)
- Plovdiv database / photo gallery and Plovdiv trolleybus list at Urban Electric Transit – in various languages, including English.