Trolleybuses in Southend-on-Sea
|Locale||Southend-on-Sea, Essex, England|
|Open||16 October 1925|
|Close||28 October 1954|
|Operator(s)||Southend Corporation Transport|
By the standards of the various now-defunct trolleybus systems in the United Kingdom, the Southend system was a moderately sized one, with a total of 4 routes, and a maximum fleet of 34 trolleybuses. The fleet included the only trolleybus built by the Gloucester Railway Carriage and Wagon Company. which was sold to the Corporation after it had been exhibited at the London Commercial Motor Show in 1933. The system was closed relatively early, on 28 October 1954 . 
None of the former Southend trolleybuses is recorded as having been preserved.
- History of Southend-on-Sea
- Arriva Southend
- Transport in Southend-on-Sea
- List of trolleybus systems in the United Kingdom
- Joyce, J.; King, J. S.; and Newman, A. G. (1986). British Trolleybus Systems, pp. 136–141, 159. London: Ian Allan Publishing. ISBN 0-7110-1647-X.
- Short, Peter. "Former UK systems". British Trolleybus Society. Retrieved 19 April 2011.
- Klapper 1974, p. 272.
- "History of the Gloucester Railway Carriage and Wagon Company". Gloucestershire Transport History. Retrieved 11 June 2016.
- Zebedee, John (30 November 2010). "A List of Preserved Trolleybuses in the UK". British Trolleybus Society. Retrieved 19 April 2011.
- Barker, Colin (2012). Southend Trolleybuses. Trolleybus Classics Number 27. Midhurst, West Sussex, UK: Middleton Press. ISBN 978-1-908174-20-8.
- Delahoye, Richard (1986). Southend Corporation Transport: Trams, Trackless and Buses. Southend-on-Sea, Essex, UK: Yarnacott. ISBN 978-0-948934-00-1.
- Klapper, Charles (1974). The Golden Age of Tramways. David & Charles. ISBN 978-0-7153-6458-1.
|Wikimedia Commons has media related to Buses in Essex.|
- SCT'61 website - photos and descriptions of Southend-on-Sea trolleybuses and early motorbuses
- Southend Corporation Transport: The Trolleybus Network 1925 to 1954 - a short history
- National Trolleybus Archive
- British Trolleybus Society, based in Reading
- National Trolleybus Association, based in London