|Created by||Anne Marie O'Connor
|Written by||Paul Doolan
Anne Marie O'Connor
|Directed by||Paul Walker
|Starring||See Cast and characters|
|Country of origin||United Kingdom|
|No. of series||5 (+3 Specials)|
|No. of episodes||53 (list of episodes)|
|Running time||30 minutes (inc. adverts)
60 minutes (inc. adverts)(Christmas Specials)
|Production company(s)||Roughcut TV|
|Original network||Sky 1|
|Picture format||16:9 (1080i HDTV)|
|Original release||4 August 2011– present|
Trollied is a British sitcom about employees in a fictional supermarket named "Valco", which debuted on Sky 1 on 4 August 2011. The series was filmed in a purpose-built replica supermarket in the Bottle Yard Studios in Bristol throughout April and May 2011 for the first series with the second series being filmed in June and July 2012.
At the conclusion of series 1, Sky 1 confirmed that the series had been recommissioned for two additional series of 13 episodes each, and a Christmas Special in 2012. The third series began airing from 22 August 2013 and ended on 7 November 2013. A second Christmas Special for 2013 aired on 24 December 2013. On 20 March 2014 it was announced that Sky had commissioned a fourth series of Trollied which aired in October 2014. The fourth series started filming in Bristol in June 2014 and began transmission on 3 November 2014 and concluded on 22 December 2014. A fifth series began airing on 2 November 2015 and ended on 14 December 2015. A Christmas special aired in December 2015. In April 2016, Jason Watkins confirmed that a sixth series had been commissioned, with filming to begin in June.
|This section does not cite any sources. (December 2015) (Learn how and when to remove this template message)|
The show takes place in the fictional supermarket of Valco in Warrington, where the hapless staff deal with the everyday problems of running a value supermarket in the north west of England. The show explores the relationships between the staff, customers and managers as romances and rivalries blossom on the shop floor, along with a realistic supermarket atmosphere that customers and store employees in reality can relate to. This includes customer stereotypes and rivalries with other store branches such as Valco in Wigan.
Cast and characters
|Gavin Strong||Jason Watkins||Store Manager
Area Manager (Series 2)
|Katie McVey||Chanel Cresswell||Checkout Operator (Series 1)
Kiosk Assistant (Series 2–2012 Christmas Special)
Checkout Supervisor (Series 3)
HR Manager (Series 5–)
|1.01–3.13, 5.01–||2011–2013, 2015–|
|Colin||Carl Rice||Store Assistant (Series 1–4)
Deli Counter Assistant (Series 5–)
|Lisa||Beverly Rudd||Checkout Operator||1.01–||2011–|
|Margaret||Rita May||Deli Counter Assistant (Series 1–3)
Pharmacy Assistant (Series 4–)
|Sue||Lorraine Cheshire||Customer Service Assistant||1.01–||2011|
|Linda Stubbings||Faye McKeever||Customer Service Assistant||1.01–||2011–|
|Ian||Victor McGuire||Security Guard||2.01–||2012–|
|Neville||Dominic Coleman||Kiosk Assistant (Series 2–2012 Christmas Special)
Checkout Operator (Series 3–2013 Christmas Special)
Butcher (Series 4–)
|Harry||Jack Carroll||Checkout Operator||4.01–||2014–|
|Daniel Wilson||Samuel Anderson||Assistant Store Manager||4.02–||2014–|
|Cheryl Fairweather||Sarah Parish||Lauda Store Manager||5.01–||2015–|
|Heather||Jessie Cave||Store Assistant||5.02–||2015–|
|Julie Cook||Jane Horrocks||Deputy Store Manager (Series 1–2013 Christmas Special)
Widnes Co-Store Manager (2015 Christmas Special)
|1.01–S.02, S.03||2011–2013, 2015|
|Andy Richmond||Mark Addy||Head Butcher||1.01–3.05||2011–2013|
|Kieran||Nick Blood||Butcher||1.01–3.02, 3.12–3.13||2011–2013|
|Leighton||Joel Fry||Store Assistant||1.01–S.02||2011–2013|
|Lorraine Chain||Stephanie Beacham||Store Manager||2.01–2.08||2012|
|Sharon||Jo Enright||Head Baker||2.01–S.01||2012|
|Richard France||Chris Geere||Director of Strategy||3.01–3.13||2013|
|Anna||Elizabeth Bower||Checkout Operator||3.02–3.13||2013|
|Rose||Miriam Margolyes||Checkout Operator||4.01–4.08||2014|
|Charlotte "Charlie" O'Connor||Aisling Bea||Store Assistant||4.02–5.06||2014–2015|
Following the debut of Trollied, Ian Richardson, manager of Morrisons supermarket in Thornbury, wrote an article in The Guardian newspaper, saying the show was the topic of the discussion in the staff canteen and that he felt the attention to detail on the set was excellent, making a realistic setting. In Mr Richardson’s article he commented that the show portrayed many similarities with his supermarket, but he could not relate to the use of bad language on the shop floor or poor customer service levels. He felt that it was a shame there was not more customer interaction.
- Series 1 was released as a 2 disc set on 17 October 2011.
- Series 2 and the 2012 Christmas Special were released as a 2 disc set on 31 December 2012.
- Series 3 and the 2013 Christmas Special were released as a 2 disc set on 30 December 2013.
- Series 1–3 were released as a 6 disc set on 6 October 2014.
- Series 4 was released on a single disc on 5 January 2015.
- Series 5 and the 2015 Christmas Special were released as a 2 disc set on 11 January 2016.
- Eames, Tom (2011-04-14). "Jane Horrocks in new Sky1 comedy 'Trollied'". Digitalspy.co.uk. Retrieved 2015-12-23.
- "About the Show - Sky1 HD". Web.archive.org. Archived from the original on 11 July 2011. Retrieved 2016-02-29.
- "Trollied To Return For Season 2 & 3 - Sky1 HD". Web.archive.org. Archived from the original on 24 February 2012. Retrieved 2016-02-29.
- "Sky commissions Trollied Series 4 and announces FX US deal". British Comedy Guide. 20 March 2014. Retrieved 24 March 2014.
- "It feels like coming home - Trollied stars return to Bristol for fourth series". Bristol Post.
- "Sky1 Sets Premiere Date For 'Trollied' Christmas Special". TVWise. 2015-12-01. Retrieved 2015-12-23.
- "Jason Watkins on Twitter: "@Paulusdmc42 Hi Paul - More 3 for 2 offers from @TrolliedSky1 - we star filming Series 6 in June."". Twitter.com. 2016-04-29. Retrieved 2016-05-24.
- "Another view on Trollied | Culture". The Guardian. 2011-08-14. Retrieved 2015-12-23.
- "Trollied - Series 1 [DVD]". Amazon.co.uk. Retrieved 23 November 2013.
- "Trollied: Series 2 [DVD]". Amazon.co.uk. Retrieved 23 November 2013.
- "Trollied Series 3 [DVD]". Amazon.co.uk. Retrieved 23 November 2013.
- "Trollied - Series 1 - 3 [DVD] ". Amazon.co.uk. Retrieved 23 November 2013.
- "Trollied Series 4 [DVD]". Amazon.co.uk. Retrieved 23 November 2013.
- "Trollied 5 [DVD]: Amazon.co.uk: Jason Watkins, Sarah Parish, Stephen Tompkinson, Rita May, Samuel Anderson, Jonathan Gershfield, Sarah O'Gorman: DVD & Blu-ray". Amazon.co.uk. Retrieved 2016-01-07.