Trollpikken (the Troll's Dick) is a rock formation in Eigersund municipality, in Norway, between Kjervall and Veshovda. A rock jutting out from a cliff face to a height of almost 12 metres (39 ft) resembles an erect penis. In June 2017, the rock was severed using power tools; it was reattached the following month after a crowdfunding campaign.
The local tourist board was discussing using Trollpikken to draw tourists in a similar manner to Trolltunga (the troll's tongue) and Preikestolen (the preacher's pulpit) by providing parking when on June 24, 2017, joggers discovered that the approximately 10-tonne (9.8-long-ton; 11-short-ton) formation had been severed using power tools. 226,000 kroner was raised online to reattach it using a crane assembled on-site; a contractor told a Norwegian TV station, "We have the Viagra it takes." It was successfully reattached on July 7, using a combination of cement, glue and metal fittings. By late that month, parking and signs had been provided and NRK reported that at least one suspect had been arrested for the vandalism.
Kjetil Bentsen named the rock formation in January 2017; an effort is underway to have it marked on maps. A staff member at the Romsdal Museum indicated that numerous rock formations in Norway have similarly humorous names, although pikk is a relatively new word in the language for the penis. Bentsen and one other have applied to the Norwegian Patent Office for trademark rights to the name.
- Carol Off; Jeff Douglas (June 27, 2017). "Someone lopped off Norway's penis-shaped rock, but locals are determined to re-attach it". As It Happens. CBC radio.
- Ingve Aalbu (June 13, 2017). "Slik finner du Trollpikken". Dalane Tidende (in Norwegian).
- Ingve Aalbu (June 19, 2017) [June 15, 2017]. "Reiselivsdirektør tror på Trollpikken". Dalane Tidende.
- Ingrid Treborg (June 20, 2017). "Kjetil (42) vil gjøre Trollpikken til Norges heteste turistmål" (in Norwegian). TV 2.
- Hege Wallenius; Shazia Majid; Maria Knoph Vigsnæs (June 25, 2017) [June 24, 2017]. "Trollpikken knekt tvers av: – Jeg er målløs". Verdens Gang (in Norwegian).
- "Trollpikken garantert reist før høsten". Aftenposten (in Norwegian). NTB. June 27, 2017.
- Jonas Fabritius Christoffersen; Kaja Kirkerud (June 24, 2017). "'Trollpikken' er knekt rett av" (in Norwegian). TV 2.
- Claus Jessen (June 24, 2017). "Nordmænd i chok: Trollpikken er knækket ved roden". Ekstrabladet (in Danish).
- Johan Mihle Laugaland; Gunnar Ringen Johansen; Tuva Skei Tønset (July 8, 2017). "Trollpikken er gjenreist – slik gikk det til" (in Norwegian). NRK.
- "Norwegians raise cash to re-erect 'penis' rock". The Guardian. Associated Press. June 25, 2017.
- "Will the Trollpikken rise again?". Newsday (audio, 2 minutes). BBC World Service. June 26, 2017.
- Ingvald Nordmark (June 25, 2017). "Trollpikken blir til 'folkepikk'" (in Norwegian). NRK Rogaland.
- "Trollpikken blir trolig oppreist før helgen" (in Norwegian). ABC nyheter. NTB. July 4, 2017.
- Ed Mazza (June 26, 2017). "Norway Vows To Catch The Jerk Who Chopped Off Its 'Penis Rock'". Huffington Post.
- "Workers put penis-shaped rock formation back up in Norway". Boston Herald. Associated Press. July 7, 2017.
- "Norway 'troll penis' restored to its former upstanding glory". BBC news. July 7, 2017.
- Syed Ali Shahbaz Akhtar (July 28, 2017). "Minst én siktet for hærverket på rekordpopulære Trollpikken" (in Norwegian). NRK.
- Cecilie Berntsen Jåsund (August 10, 2017). "Hard kamp om Trollpikken-navnet" (in Norwegian). NRK.
- Terje Reite; Sissel Beate Brunstad (June 28, 2017). "Trollpikken er slett ikkje eineståande" (in Norwegian Nynorsk). NRK.