Trolls World Tour
|Trolls World Tour|
Theatrical release poster
|Produced by||Gina Shay|
|Based on||Troll dolls|
by Thomas Dam
|Music by||Theodore Shapiro|
|Edited by||Nick Fletcher|
|Distributed by||Universal Pictures|
Trolls World Tour is an upcoming 2020 American computer-animated musical comedy film produced by DreamWorks Animation and distributed by Universal Pictures. The film is a sequel to the 2016 film Trolls, directed by Walt Dohrn with co-direction by David P. Smith, produced by Gina Shay, and will feature an ensemble voice cast including Anna Kendrick, Justin Timberlake, James Corden, Ozzy Osbourne, Rachel Bloom, Anderson Paak, George Clinton, Mary J. Blige, Kelly Clarkson, Sam Rockwell, Ron Funches, Gwen Stefani, Icona Pop, Kunal Nayyar, Jamie Dornan, J Balvin and Kenan Thompson.
The film is set for release in the United States on April 17, 2020.
Four years after the events of the first film, Poppy (Anna Kendrick) and Branch (Justin Timberlake) discover that they are but one of six different Troll tribes scattered over six different lands, each devoted to a different form of music: Pop, Funk, Classical, Techno, Country and Rock. Their world is about to get a lot bigger, and a whole lot louder, as member of hard-rock royalty, Queen Barb (Rachel Bloom), aided by her father King Thrash (Ozzy Osbourne), wants to destroy all other kinds of music to let rock reign supreme. With the fate of the world at stake, Poppy and Branch, along with their friends — Biggie (James Corden), Chenille, Satin (Icona Pop), Cooper (Ron Funches), DJ Suki (Gwen Stefani), and Guy Diamond (Kunal Nayyar) — set out to visit all the other lands to unify the Trolls in harmony against Barb, who's looking to upstage them all.
- Anna Kendrick as Poppy, the sweet and optimistic Queen of the Pop Trolls.
- Justin Timberlake as Branch, an over-cautious and good-hearted troll survivalist and Poppy's boyfriend.
- James Corden as Biggie, a chubby, friendly troll.
- Rachel Bloom as Barb, the Queen of the Hard Rock Trolls.
- Ozzy Osbourne as Thrash, former King of the Hard Rock Trolls and Barb's father.
- Anderson Paak as Prince D, a Funk Troll and Quincy and Essence's son.
- George Clinton as King Quincy, the King of the Funk Trolls.
- Mary J. Blige as Queen Essence, the Queen to the Funk Trolls.
- Kelly Clarkson as Delta Dawn, the leader to the Country Trolls.
- Sam Rockwell as Hickory, a Country Troll.
- Ron Funches as Cooper, a giraffe-like troll who walks on all fours.
- Gwen Stefani as DJ Suki, the Trolls' resident disk jockey.
- Icona Pop as Satin and Chenille, fashion troll twins who are conjoined at their hair.
- Kunal Nayyar as Guy Diamond, a glittery, silver naked troll.
- Jamie Dornan as Chaz, a Jazz Troll who loves jazz.
- J Balvin as Tresillo, a Reggaeton Troll.
- Kenan Thompson as Tiny Diamond, Guy Diamond's new born son who is good at rapping.
- Ester Dean as Legsly, a Pop Troll.
- Anthony Ramos as King Trollex, the king of the Techno Trolls.
- Gustavo Dudamel as Trollzart, a Classical Troll.
- Karan Soni as Riff, a Hard Rock Troll.
- Flula Borg as Dickory, a Country Troll.
- Charlyne Yi as Pennywhistle, a Classical Troll.
- Kevin Michael Richardson as Mr. Dinkles, Biggie's pet worm.
- Walt Dohrn as:
- Cloud Guy, an anthropomorphic cloud.
- Smidge, a small female troll with a masculine voice.
On February 28, 2017, Universal Pictures and DreamWorks Animation announced a sequel to the 2016 film Trolls, with Anna Kendrick and Justin Timberlake reprising their roles as Poppy and Branch. In May 2017, podcasters the McElroy brothers began campaigning for roles in the film via a podcast titled "The McElroy Brothers Will Be in Trolls 2". Following the campaign's success, DreamWorks confirmed in September 2018 that the McElroy brothers would make cameo appearances in World Tour.
The film will see the additions of Sam Rockwell, Chance the Rapper, Anthony Ramos, Jamie Dornan, Karan Soni and Flula Borg to the cast in May 2018. Corden, Stefani, Icona Pop, Funches, and Nayyar will also reprise their roles. On June 12, 2018, the film was retitled as Trolls World Tour. In October 2018, it was confirmed that Kelly Clarkson had joined the cast, and will perform an original song. In June 2019, along with promotional posters, new cast members have been announced, which include: J Balvin, Mary J. Blige, Rachel Bloom, George Clinton, Ester Dean and Gustavo Dudamel.
Trolls World Tour is scheduled to be released in the United States on April 17, 2020 by Universal Pictures. It was previously set for an April 10, 2020 release, but was pushed up to February 14, 2020 before being moved back to its current date.
A second trailer was released in November 14, 2019.
- Sarto, Dan (19 June 2019). "DreamWorks Animation Reveals 21 Posters and Cast for 'Trolls World Tour'". Animation World Network. Retrieved 19 June 2019.
- Kroll, Justin (February 28, 2017). "Universal DreamWorks Animation Announces 'Trolls 2'; Sets for April 10, 2020". Variety. Retrieved March 5, 2017.
- "The McElroy Brothers Will Be In Trolls 2: Chapter 1 | Maximum Fun". www.maximumfun.org. Retrieved 2017-06-01.
- Bradley, Laura (September 11, 2018). "The Unbelievable True Story of How Three Podcasters Trolled Their Way into Trolls 2". Vanity Fair. Retrieved September 11, 2018.
- Chance the Rapper Joins the Cast of 'Trolls 2'
- Film News Roundup
- N'Duka, Amanda; D'Alessandro, Anthony (October 4, 2018). "Kelly Clarkson Joins 'Trolls 2' & Will Perform Original Song". Deadline Hollywood. Retrieved October 5, 2018.