Tropical Grasslands (journal)
|This article is an orphan, as no other articles link to it. Please introduce links to this page from ; try the Find link tool for suggestions. (December 2012)|
Abbreviated title (ISO 4)
|Edited by||L. Winks|
Tropical Grassland Society of Australia (Australia)
Tropical Grasslands was a peer-reviewed scientific journal published by the Tropical Grassland Society of Australia which was formed in 1963. The journal was established in 1967 and was discontinued in 2010 when the Tropical Grassland Society of Australia closed due to declining membership. It covered ecological and agricultural aspects of grasslands. Archived digital copies of articles are available for free online. The founding editor-in-chief was N.H. Shaw and the final editor was Lyle Winks.
In 2012, a new peer-reviewed scientific journal, Tropical Grasslands – Forrajes Tropicales, covering research on tropical pastures and forages was established as an initiative of scientists from Australia and the International Center for Tropical Agriculture. It succeeds the Spanish-only journal Pasturas Tropicales, published from 1979 to 2007, and Tropical Grasslands. Lyle Winks, the former editor of Tropical Grasslands, is the new journal's English editor; Rainer Schultze-Kraft is in charge of submissions in Spanish.
- "Welcome". Official website. Tropical Grassland Society. Retrieved 2013-03-31.
- "Journal Archive". Tropical Grasslands. Tropical Grassland Society of Australia. Retrieved 2013-03-31.
- "Office Bearers 1963-2010" (PDF). Tropical Grasslands. 44: 215–216. Retrieved 2013-03-31.
- "Tropical Grasslands - Forrajes Tropicales". Official website. CIAT. Retrieved 2014-08-22.
- 21 December 2012 (2012-12-21). "New journal launched: Tropical Grasslands - Forrajes Tropicales". CIAT Blog. International Center for Tropical Agriculture. Retrieved 2014-08-22.