|Alternative names||New Tropical Inn|
|Location||102/1 1st Lane, Anagarika Dharmapala Mawatha|
|Town or city||Dehiwala-Mount Lavinia|
2019 Easter Sunday bombings
The hotel was the site of a bomb explosion at around 2 pm on 21 April 2019 as part of the series of Easter Sunday explosions in the country. The Tropical Inn was the fourth hotel (and seventh location) to be bombed, after the Cinnamon Grand Hotel, The Kingsbury and Shangri-La Hotel were targeted earlier in the day, with two casualties reported.
- Sri Lanka BOMBING: Shocking video footage shows moment blast RIPS through church
- "Two More Blasts In Sri Lanka, Explosions In Dehiwala And Dematagoda; Over 160 Dead in 8 Bomb Blasts In One Day In Country". Latestly. 21 April 2019. Retrieved 21 April 2019.
- "Three more explosions Kingsbury, Shangri-La, Cinnamon Grand". Daily News. Retrieved 21 April 2019.
- "Three more explosions at Shangri-La, Cinnamon Grand and Kingsbury". www.adaderana.lk. Retrieved 21 April 2019.
- "Seventh bomb explosion heard at Sri Lanka Tropical Inn as Easter Sunday attacks continue". The Independent. 21 April 2019. Retrieved 21 April 2019.
- "Sri Lanka bomb blasts LIVE updates: Eighth blast occurs in Colombo's Orugodawatta, no casualties reported yet". Firstpost. Retrieved 21 April 2019.
|This article about a building or structure in Sri Lanka is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|