Tropical Sno is a global chain of shops that serve shave ice. It was founded in April 1984 in Provo, Utah and now based in Draper, Utah. Tropical Sno has dealers located in every US state and in over thirty foreign countries. It has been cited as an example of microfranchising. Tropical Sno is a retail brand derived from Pioneer Family Brands, Inc.
In popular culture
Then President Barack Obama stopped for a snow cone at Tropical Sno in Denison, Iowa, in 2012 while campaigning.
- "Tropico Sno history Archived 2013-01-27 at the Wayback Machine." Retrieved on January 12, 2012.
-  Retrieved on January 12, 2012
- "Archived copy". Archived from the original on 2012-01-07. Retrieved 2012-01-12.CS1 maint: archived copy as title (link) Retrieved on January 12, 2012.
- Magleby, Kirk (2008). "Microfranchise business models". In Stephen W. Gibson, W. Gibb Dyer (ed.). MicroFranchising: Creating Wealth at the Bottom of the Pyramid. Edward Elgar Publishing. ISBN 978-1-84844-053-1.
- Martius, Waltraud (2010). "Microfranchising". Fairplay Franchising (in German). Springer Verlag. ISBN 978-3-8349-1849-9.
- "About Us". Tropical Sno. Retrieved 6 February 2013.
- Blake, Chris Cillizza and Aaron (2012-08-14). "Iowa, Iowa, Iowa: How the Hawkeye State become the center of the political world". Washington Post. Retrieved 2017-12-09.