Tropical Storm Irene
Jump to navigation Jump to search
The name Irene has been used for the following tropical cyclones in the Atlantic and Pacific Oceans.
In the Atlantic Ocean
- Tropical Storm Irene (1959) - came ashore in Florida
- Hurricane Irene (1971) - struck Nicaragua as a Category 1 hurricane which passed into the Pacific and was renamed Olivia
- Hurricane Irene (1981) - Strong Category 3 hurricane that struck land only as an extratropical cyclone.
- Hurricane Irene (1999) - Strong Category 2 hurricane that affected landmasses stretching from Central America up through Newfoundland.
- Hurricane Irene (2005) - Long-lived Cape Verde hurricane that never struck land.
- Hurricane Irene (2011) - A large and powerful Category 3 hurricane that struck the Greater Antilles, Bahamas, and United States, causing extensive damages totaling US$14.2 billion.
In the Western Pacific Ocean
|This article includes a list of named storms that share the same name (or similar names).
If an internal link incorrectly led you here, you may wish to change the link to point directly to the intended storm article.