|Directed by||Linnet Zurbano|
|Creative director(s)||Jenny Ferre|
|Opening theme||"Ka-Trops" by Jireh Lim|
|Country of origin||Philippines|
|No. of episodes||238|
|Executive producer(s)||Adrian Raphael V. Santos|
|Camera setup||Multiple-camera setup|
|Running time||15-30 minutes|
|Production company(s)||Television and Production Exponents Inc.|
|Original network||GMA Network|
|Picture format||1080i (HDTV)|
|Original release||October 24, 2016– September 22, 2017|
Trops (lit. Troupes) is a 2016 Philippine television drama romance comedy series broadcast by GMA Network. Directed by Linnet Zurbano, it stars Kenneth Medrano, Miggy Tolentino, Joel Palencia, Jon Timmons, Tommy Peñaflor, Kim Last and Taki Saito. It premiered on October 24, 2016 on the network's noontime line up replacing Calle Siete and worldwide on GMA Pinoy TV. The series concluded on September 22, 2017 with a total of 238 episodes. It was replaced by The Lolas' Beautiful Show in its timeslot.
Cast and characters
- Kenneth Medrano as Kenneth "Ken" Garcia Mercado
- The rebellious son of Kevin Mercado and Celia Garcia. Powerful, obedient, being positive, trustful, competitive and the lead most responsible person of all the Trops, but sometimes being weak, arrogant, jealous and hot-tempered. Even he has faces some consequences and trials in life, although he will be falling in love with Taki, he will do everything not just in his love and family affection, also with his friends. In the finale, he is finally grant his wish to be engaged with Taki in the future.
- Taki Saito as Martha Tanya "Taki" Masson-Mercado
- Jon's youngest sister and Slyvia's daughter.
- Miggy Tolentino as Miguelito "Miggy" Tolentino
- Joel Palencia as Joel "Jo" Santos
- Jon Timmons as Jonathan "Jon" Masson
- Tommy Peñaflor as Tommy "Taba" Fernando
- Kim Last as Kim Michael Park
- Toni Aquino as Joanna "Liempo" Santos
- Krystal Reyes as Zoey Sevilla
- Shaira Mae Dela Cruz as Amanda "Mandy" Santiago-Tolentino
- Benjie Paras as Coach Fred Fernando
- Irma Adlawan as Sheena "Momskie" Tolentino
- Rey "PJ" Abellana as Armando Santiago (Mandy's father)
- Juan Rodrigo as Kevin Mercado (Kenneth's father)
- Dexter Doria as Armida Santiago (Mandy's aunt)
- Ces Quesada as Donya Aurora Agoncilio
- Leo Martinez as Eli
- Allysa de Real as Sandra
- Will Devaughn as Bruno
- Jace Flores as Mars
- Archie Adamos as Mang Bien
- Ai-Ai Delas Alas as Madam Rosa Mystica "Rose" Carpio Vda. de Roxas
- Ina Raymundo as Ms. Prof. Almalyn Macauba
- Glenda Garcia as Celia Garcia (Kenneth's Mom)
- Maureen Mauricio as Ms. Rebecca Silangkuan
- Gilleth Sandico as Zita Sevilla (Zoey's Mom)
- Marco Alcaraz as Bastie
- Lou Veloso as Uge / Noy
- Ermie Concepcion as Ces
- Rolando Inocencio as Mr. Sarmiento
- Kate Lapuz as Pia Angelie Avela
- Francis Mata as Mr. Chua
- VJ Mendoza as School Pageant Host
- Andrew Gan as Carlo
- Afi Africa as Mr. Kulote
- Rhett Romero as Zoey's Father
- Myka Flores as Mariah
- Ryan Arana as Loren Jaime
- Therese Malvar as Veronica "Nurse Roni / Nica" Sanchez
- Kenken Nuyad as Renato "Nato" Monteza
- Yasser Marta as Drew (Jon's friend)
- Phytos Ramirez as Diego
- Jan Marini as Aling Ces
- Jojo Alejar as Dindo Soterio
- Empress Schuck as Monette Soterio
- Super Tekla as Tiffany
According to AGB Nielsen Philippines' Mega Manila household television ratings, the pilot episode of Trops earned a 15.5% rating. While the final episode scored a 4.1 rating in Nationwide Urban Television Audience Measurement People in television homes.
- "Instagram photo by RJ Dela Cruz • Oct 13, 2016 at 8:47am UTC".
- "That's My Bae ng 'Eat Bulaga!,' bibida sa 'Trops'".
- "That's My Bae ng 'Eat Bulaga' binigyan ng big break na bumida sa sarili nilang show, ang 'Trops' - Showbiz News - GMA Entertainment - Online Home of Kapuso Shows and Stars - Story".
- Ching, Mark Angelo (January 1, 2017). "AGB: 10 Top-rating Pilot and Finale Daytime episodes in 2016". Retrieved January 24, 2018.
- "September 22 (Friday) AGB Nielsen NUTAM TV Ratings". September 26, 2017. Retrieved March 1, 2018.
|This Philippine television program-related article is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|