|• Total||664.76 km2 (256.67 sq mi)|
|• Land||209.73 km2 (80.98 sq mi)|
|• Water||455.03 km2 (175.69 sq mi)|
|Area as of January 1, 2014.|
|Population (June 30, 2016)|
|• Density||18/km2 (48/sq mi)|
|Time zone||CET (UTC+1)|
|• Summer (DST)||CEST (UTC+2)|
|ISO 3166 code||SE|
Trosa Municipality is a municipality in Södermanland County in southeast Sweden. The municipality is built up by the localities of Vagnhärad, Västerljung, Stensund, Sund and the town of Trosa. The seat of the municipality is located in the town of Trosa.
The present municipality was created as recently as 1992, when Nyköping Municipality, which Trosa had been a part of since 1974, was split in three parts.
Trosa is known for its season markets, Trosa Market in the summer and the Harvest and Christmas markets during fall and winter. There is also the annual race of Trosa Stadslopp, when over 1000 people run through on the streets of Trosa.
During the summer the municipality's population increases from 10 000 to 45 000. Mostly because the area got a lot of summer cabins, but there is also a significant amount of tourists. A lot of boat tourists is also to be seen in the harbor or on the many islands in the municipals archipelago.
Within the municipality there are four churches; of those the church in Trosa rural parish is from the 13th century; Västerljung's Church is also from the medieval age; and the Trosa church is one of few 18th century churches in the area.
- "Statistiska centralbyrån, Kommunarealer den 1 januari 2014" (Microsoft Excel) (in Swedish). Statistics Sweden. Retrieved 2014-04-18.
- "Folkmängd i riket, län och kommuner 30 juni 2016" (in Swedish). Statistics Sweden. August 17, 2016. Retrieved August 17, 2016.
- Trosa Municipality - Official site
- Article Trosa - From Nordisk familjebok (in Swedish)
- Trosa Flygklubb - The local Trosa aviation club and airport