Trouble Maker (EP)
|EP by Trouble Maker|
|Released||December 1, 2011|
|Trouble Maker chronology|
Released on December 1, 2011, the album marks the first collaboration between the two away from their groups. The duo promoted the album extensively, including numerous performances. The song "Trouble Maker" was used to promote the EP. It was also performed at 2012 MAMA awards. The song won the Best Collaboration in the 14th Mnet Asian Music Awards.
The mini-album consists of 4 tracks; the title track "Trouble Maker", a ballad song called "The Words I Don't Want to Hear", a collaboration song from HyunA and Rado called "Time", and a solo song from Hyunseung called "Don't You Mind".
Trouble Maker won a Mnet M! Countdown award for their song "Trouble Maker". The song also won the Mutizen Song on Inkigayo on January 8. As of December 31, 2012, the song has surpassed 4,408,787 paid downloads.
Promotion and release
On November 24, Cube Entertainment announced that HyunA and Hyunseung would form a sub-unit.
On November 26, 2011 Trouble Maker released the track listing for the then-upcoming debut album as well as an audio teaser. Hyuna and Hyunseung also performed at the 2011 Mnet Asian Music Awards to further promote the album, showcasing provocative dancing and what was believed to be an intimate kiss, forcing a Cube Entertainment official to make a statement that "the kiss was not lip to lip, but actually lip to cheek."
On December 6, 2011 HyunA and Hyunseung performed as Trouble Maker at the United Cube concert in London as part of their promotional tour. They then moved onto Brazil a week later.
After promotions for Trouble Maker began, the duo were forced to change their choreography due to it being considered too sexy for national broadcast. The new choreography was first performed on December 9's episode of Music Bank.
Since its release, it became an instant hit and its popularity soared. Numerous celebrities parodied "Trouble Maker", like in KBS's Dream High, where After School's Kahi and actor Kim Jung Tae replicated the "Trouble Maker" stage. From TV shows, concerts, award shows and more, it is common to see parodies of the duo showing how big an impression HyunA and Hyunseung made on the industry. The song also received numerous first place award in various music show broadcasts, a triple crown in Mnet's M! Countdown (December 15, 22, 29), one in SBS Inkigayo (January 8) and one in JTBC's Music on Top (January 5).
The music video was released on December 1, 2011. At the end of the music video, HyunA sets the hotel room on fire, trapping Hyunseung. Hyunseung then shoots HyunA with a gun before she can leave.
|1.||"Trouble Maker"||Shinsadong Tiger, Rado & EXID's LE||3:40|
|2.||"The Words I Don't Want To Hear (듣기 싫은 말)"||Rado||3:26|
|3.||"Time" (Hyuna featuring Rado)||Rado||3:30|
|4.||"Don't You Mind (아무렇지 않니)" (Hyunseung Solo)||Chun Goon||2:59|
On December 24, 2011, 'Trouble Maker' debuted at number 1 on the Gaon Singles Chart. The song reached at the second position of the Billboard K-Pop 100 for the date of December 24, 2011.
- Year-end charts
|Gaon Download chart||4,404,544 downloads|
Credits and personnel
- Hyuna - vocals, rap
- Hyunseung - vocals
- Shinsadong Tiger - producing, songwriting, arranger, music
- Rado - producing, songwriting, arranger, music
- LE - songwriting
- "HyunA and Hyunseung release project EP, 'Trouble Maker'". Allkpop. 2012-11-30.
- Eun, Elizabeth (30 November 2012). "Big Bang, Super Junior and Psy Win Big at 2012 MAMA". enewsWorld. CJ E&M. Retrieved 30 November 2012.
- "Trouble Maker wins #1 + Performances from December 15th's 'M! Countdown'". allkpop.com.
- "4minute Hyun-a, BEAST Jang Hyun-seung form duo unit". 10 Asia. 2011-11-24.
- "Trouble Maker releases tracklist + teaser for their project album". Allkpop. 2012-11-26.
- "HyunA & Hyunseung's kiss stunt at '2011 MAMA' was "lip to cheek"". allkpop.com.
- "'Trouble Maker in London at United Cube Concert'". kpopconcerts. 2011-12-12.
- "HyunA & Hyunseung to change choreography for "Trouble Maker"". Allkpop. 12 September 2011.
- "After School Kahi dances to 'Trouble Maker' on Dream High2". Kpopstarz. 2012-01-28. Retrieved 2012-10-17.
- "Trouble Maker unleashes MV for "Trouble Maker"". Allkpop. 12 January 2011.
- "Korea K-Pop Hot 100". Billboard.
- "Gaon physical sales". Gaon Chart. Retrieved 7 January 2012.
- "Gaon Download Chart 2011" (in Korean). Gaon. Retrieved 2013-03-28.
- on YouTube